Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

I'm heading out Saturday am

Just went from Princeton to the coast yesterday.

Be aware most of the Princeton hope highway has a PILE of snow still!

id give that area a bit more time.

I have some spot in Chilliwack that I gotta check out and set cam up....then boot over to another spot in Harrison....dont have to go far for bear.....but I am very excited for North VI....go for my monster

Quote Originally Posted by WaterFowlin View Post
    I'm new to Bc. But I'd venture a guess, pretty well the entire province holds bears.

Id say pick a road and find your bear. South facing slopes. Burn some gas and boot rubber. You'll find one.
    Pretty much...they ain't exactly lining the roads yet, at least not in the interior, but once end of April and into may hits, yes you can find a black bear pretty much anywhere in bc..

Quote Originally Posted by WaterFowlin View Post
    Just went from Princeton to the coast yesterday.

Be aware most of the Princeton hope highway has a PILE of snow still!

id give that area a bit more time.

Thanks for for the heads up, guess I'll head Harrison ways instead... Will keep looking on Google....
    ~Wes

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I am split on heading out opening weekend. I think it's a tad early for my spot, especially given the weather this year and with the weather now flooding might be an issue. I figure the following weekend and every weekend after that I'll be going hard... should probably save my own energy too... my brain keeps flip flopping... would be nice to knock a bear down opening weekend... take the pressure off and do a little more fishing. What's a caddisguy to do
    Yep, this weekend is a no go, for me, to much rain this week, (which is a good thing going forward)..

With the temps where they are, and all this precip, anything above 500m, probably wasting your time...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I would have to agree....very bottom of valleys if your gonna go anywhere.

Went up the Chehalis this morning got to the gravel around 9, drove all the way up to the lake, but tahimi is apparently logging at around the 26km mark so that was as far as i was allowed to go apparently as per signage...
    Still lots of snow in the cuts, didnt see any bears and only found two medium sized bear prints in the muck, but no scatt, prints were in a heavily forested area not in a cut block... didnt search into the forest at all cuz i had my pup with me, but curious if this would be a more viable area then the cuts this early due to water flow?

Anyways headed back down around 2:30 as i had to be home by 4, all in all a great day out, got some shooting in, got some good fishing in, and got to show the pup a rainbow trout and some bear tracks! Hes learnig and i hope he'll be a good bush pup as he grows up!
    ~Wes

Bear population does not seem that high in Chehalis. I fished up there many times over the years and hunted deer and bear out that way. I never seen much for bears in that area over my past years. For the lower mainland Harrison, Hope, Chilliwack, and Norrish creek all held better numbers.

If you want a chance at an early bear in the lower mainland Cruze Stave LK and Harrison LK by boat. Use sat photos to find grassy areas. Best luck I had finding early bears in 2 but still slow

If you saw tracks i would go back to that area