Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    You won't find me out bear hunting until May. But I will be packing a gun while I go shed hunting... Just in case. Smithers May 10 is dynamite!
    May long always seems to be our lucky weekend, though we usually start seeing bears in good numbers second half of April. That said, we usually start seeing scat the first week. At this point we're just camping with a gun.

I've been up to my local valley spot multiple times since opening day. Still pretty brown above 300m, no bear scats or munched greens yet. grass is just starting to shoot up there, along with skunk cabbages along the creeks. Hiked up to the snow-line on Friday, found plenty of fresh cat sign along with rabbits.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Saw three bears to today on vi probably below 300 meter mark. And tons of green in some spots. Quad only though or hike and bike.

went out this weekend, not very green yet. i'm thinking a couple more weeks and they'l be out in full force

I'll bet the one I saw on wed is pretty sad today with our foot +of snow since then

Didn't see any bears today but it's starting to green up nicely, I'll give it a couple weeks and it will be good
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

Went out to a second, or maybe third choice spot today since it's low enough all the snow is gone, and sure enough, it's green here and there, but only bumped a few deer....no bears, and no sign. Few weeks and the first choice spot will be in good shape!
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Will get there boys. I finally bought a spotting scope today and got my new M.A.D. Predator call. Will be heading out the mysterious super green spot I found which is surrounded by dead brown one year old slash. Saw a good bear there last weekend. Was a sow so hoping maybe a boat might be around checking her out.

Went out to check same spot as 3 weeks ago in 3-26. Snow gone! Green was coming on at 3000 ft and below, but nothing growing much higher up. Lots of clover shoots on the sides of the road and cuts are greening. Saw a couple mule does totally ignored me 30 yards away kept munching. Didn't hike because of the accompanying toddler. Did see a stump that looked freshly torn apart for grubs on the way out. Things are starting to look promising!
    Last edited by bacon_overlord; 04-17-2017 at 10:10 PM.

3-28 covered in snow still. No crap or tracks yet. I am going to wait for another 2 weeks...