Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

Happy Hunting Boys & Girls!Gonna hit the green spots again this long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Heading out now... wish us luck!!
    Make it happen!!!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I hunt black bears close to roads where I can get 1st choice my 4x4 pu too - 2nd choice my dirt bike to - 3rd choice a wheel barrow to - last freaking choice is to pack one out on my back any further than the edge of a logging cut...
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Spent Friday and Saturday poking around. Didn't see anything moving around. Still just starting to green up at 100m. Still snowing at 1000m.

Saw a post on crap book - looks like a nice one went down in Cambell River.

Black bear was spotted just south of PG near Tabor mtn. Still super early though and if they're out up here they will be sparse. Going scouting today.

It's on
    saw a medium cinnamon sow with a blonde 1yo cub
    then
    spotted, but didn't get a shot at a medium size black boar.. exactly what I had on my shopping list.
    got my heart rate up, tho sneaky running up the hill to see if I could get a second chance. No dice, but I'm feeling good!

Its all about chocolate bunnies and grandparents and pink dresses today. Tomorrow back to mud, ticks, and hopefully blood!
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Just got back from a 3 nighter. A little less snow than last week and some more grass starting to pop up. The grass we are seeing has all been munched on pretty good, but there is also a lot of snowshoe hare around. We did not find any obvious tracks or poops. Next week I am expecting poops but slim chance of sightings. Weeks subsequent to that will be worth taking more seriously.

You won't find me out bear hunting until May. But I will be packing a gun while I go shed hunting... Just in case. Smithers May 10 is dynamite!

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    You won't find me out bear hunting until May. But I will be packing a gun while I go shed hunting... Just in case. Smithers May 10 is dynamite!
    Sounds about right to me and can't wait lol

I think my first go of the season will be Huston