Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

Getting out second weekend, bears or not it'll be good to be out!

�� amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by bacon_overlord View Post
    Went out scouting in 3-26 area, around 1000-1200 m elevation. Still list of snow, but south facing hillsides clearing off. Mucky as all F, until got on ice and then it was solid. Forecast is for 12 degrees and rain for a few days, will check it out again next week. Saw a monster boar last year in the area I cruised, really want him.
    Seen some nice fall bears up in the highlands in the fall. Hmm, I am suddenly craving Falkland pub food lol

Hey guys! I get one day out on April 1st for sure! Mostly just going out to shoot a bit and feel out some roads... but was looking for advice on a general direction to head? FSR names appreciated
    ~Wes

I'm new to Bc. But I'd venture a guess, pretty well the entire province holds bears.

Id say pick a road and find your bear. South facing slopes. Burn some gas and boot rubber. You'll find one.

Quote Originally Posted by WesHarm View Post
    Hey guys! I get one day out on April 1st for sure! Mostly just going out to shoot a bit and feel out some roads... but was looking for advice on a general direction to head? FSR names appreciated
    Pick one and go! A whack of options, do some digging on Google Earth and pick a few areas to explore

Quote Originally Posted by WesHarm View Post
    yup take the plunge, no one can tell you where a bear is standing. Start with lower elevations.

When I was a kid I used to see lots up behind sunshine valley on the hope Princeton hwy. That area is only 1.5 hours from Langley and might be worth a look. As for me, I'll be out in region 5 looking for green grass.
    Can't wait

I am split on heading out opening weekend. I think it's a tad early for my spot, especially given the weather this year and with the weather now flooding might be an issue. I figure the following weekend and every weekend after that I'll be going hard... should probably save my own energy too... my brain keeps flip flopping... would be nice to knock a bear down opening weekend... take the pressure off and do a little more fishing. What's a caddisguy to do

WWBC that was actually where I was looking! Looked like a nice place to check out! Hopefully there's not too much flooding, will let you guys know how it goes and maybe try and figure out how to post some photos if everything goes well!
    ~Wes