Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

Quote Originally Posted by ianm View Post
    What does it generally cost to have a rug done up?
    typically around 200 or slightly more dollars per foot. Extra charge for caping out the head and paws. Definitely not cheap. Still waiting for the right bear myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bear_Man View Post
    typically around 200 or slightly more dollars per foot. Extra charge for caping out the head and paws. Definitely not cheap. Still waiting for the right bear myself.
    Damn!! I might end up with a 2' rug of my first bear lol

So please clarify this for me: is getting a rug or a tanned hide the same thing? Or will the rug have the felt backer on it?

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    So please clarify this for me: is getting a rug or a tanned hide the same thing? Or will the rug have the felt backer on it?
    Tanned hide is what a rug is made with

rug has had more than just felt done

so Saturday evening in maple ridge, I am getting my gear ready for an evening hunt but call it off to stay with the wife and kids... wake up to discover the bears found me... climbed in my wife's window and tore the seat up on the jeep! this bear is getting brazen

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    so Saturday evening in maple ridge, I am getting my gear ready for an evening hunt but call it off to stay with the wife and kids... wake up to discover the bears found me... climbed in my wife's window and tore the seat up on the jeep! this bear is getting brazen
    sounds like a trouble maker

Was the window open or was it a soft window? I have had paw prints on my soft widows... always kind of wondered what would happen if a 300lb bear jump up on the soft top lol ... I guess it would be in there with me.

My brother has a bear at his place in Maple ridge... it's on acerage... haven't checked the maps to see it we could take that bear, but he felt out the land owner in regards to hunting and he seems like a bit of an anti... maybe we can convert him

window was open. front half of top was off (first time since buying in 2014 ��).
    he went in through the window and out the top.

Unfortunately we may bare (lol) some fault, there was an empty trail mix bag he left on the seat that may have been hiding from the camping trip the weekend prior.

I'm starting to think this bear may be overly habituated to humans, he was hanging behind my house in the trail and came running towards me and the kids on a walk couple weeks ago. i assumed he didnt know we were there although kids were making noise and doing their thing.

the next week I come around the corner in my truck and he is pulling some ones bird feeder down. I tried to scare him away by yelling and honking but he would only run about 15 feet before coming back.

also noticed paw marks on my pickup. now this with the jeep.

impossible to say it's the same bruin , but I am getting concerned because I live in Albion which is a dense subdivision mainly with young kids running around.
    Last edited by brownmancheng; 05-30-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Sounds like one you need to call in

he was hanging behind my house in the trail and came running towards me and the kids on a walk couple weeks ago. i assumed he didnt know we were there although kids were making noise and doing their thing.
    I wasn't there to see it first hand, but reading that gives me some chills. I would monitor the situation closely and keep the kids on a tight leash. I would also remove any attractants such as the bird feeder and ask neighbors to do so and see if it moves on. If not, I might consider reporting it to the CO's. A habituated bear that is indifferent (or worse attracted) to humans and only runs a few yards when threatened is a problem bear.