Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    BBQ bear burgers are awesome

but those burritos sound good
    It's a done deal... we just at a couple burgers. It was no different than the last bear or the one before. I'm a happy camper. I'm going to vacuum pack the rest to avoid freezer burn (its all in ziplock freezer bags now because we didn't have much time)

Bummer is I burned my arm pretty bad on the stove... trying to do too much at once, took the lid off the frying pan and was trying to put it off to the side and avoid the dripping... put my arm down on the red hot element. I should not be allowed to use the kitchen unsupervised.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bear_Man View Post
    Just dropped my first bear of the season. A nice little meat bear. Not much of a story. He was feeding on the side of the road eating dandelions. One shot, bang flop. Died with dandelions still hanging out of his mouth. Already fried some up for dinner and he is tasty. Going to look for my second next weekend. Saw seven different bears this morning.
    Sounds awesome! Lol always grass or dandelions hanging out of their mouth hey

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    It's a done deal... we just at a couple burgers. It was no different than the last bear or the one before. I'm a happy camper. I'm going to vacuum pack the rest to avoid freezer burn (its all in ziplock freezer bags now because we didn't have much time)

Bummer is I burned my arm pretty bad on the stove... trying to do too much at once, took the lid off the frying pan and was trying to put it off to the side and avoid the dripping... put my arm down on the red hot element. I should not be allowed to use the kitchen unsupervised.

Tell the truth you burnt your self on purpose so caddisgirl would do all the cooking lol

Tell the truth you burnt your self on purpose so caddisgirl would do all the cooking lol
    Tell the truth you were hot knifing hash and the knives slipped? Happened to me once a long time ago.

Hahaha well I wasn't thinking it at the time... at least consciously, but it could be pathological... either way, I am going to go with it.

caddisguy: Honey you cookin tonight?
    caddisgirl: Do you mind taking care of it?
    caddisguy: Use the kitchen myself unsupervised? Remember what happened last time?!
    caddisgirl: Ooh ok... you're right.

What does everyone do with there unwanted bear hides, I'd like to go out for one but just unsure of what to do with such a nice hide this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by boonerbucks View Post
    What does everyone do with there unwanted bear hides, I'd like to go out for one but just unsure of what to do with such a nice hide this time of year?
    I have given a few away but for the most part if I don't want the hide back in the bush it goes

if it's a nice big bear sometimes taxidermists will buy them and know a few hunters who tan and keep every hide

Other than snipping a little bit of hair off for fly tying my signature fraser valley special bear-grouse flies, I toss the hide in the bush. Bears are exempt from the rules about having to take the hide from fur bearers. No obligation to keep it and no point in keeping it unless you have money to burn and want a rug.

What does it generally cost to have a rug done up?

Quote Originally Posted by ianm View Post
    What does it generally cost to have a rug done up?
    Call a taxidermist price varies and often you get what you pay for