Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    I will be up chilliwack Valley caddisguy be looking for bear up nesqwatch...see a black Patriot and need a hand wave me down
    I've been up there 4 or 5 times, still not heating up like I'd hoped.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Well....went out looking around today not expecting to see anything...still early up here...Saw a ton of deer, the grouse population looks strong, no blackies, and did see one grizzly bear. Man,....woulda liked to have the tag for him. Not a monster but definately a little above average with a very nice colour.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

J-F is offline Thanks for generous GOS!

I went out today, south of Kamloops. Nil.

Too early, nothing green yet. Didn't see a single sign of a black bear. Back at it in 2 weeks.

Wow I haven't checked in in a while. If somebody has a boat to run across the Thompson I've got a line on the nicest cinnamon I've ever laid eyes on. You can have the fur. Pm me I'm available Sunday.

oterwise I've seen a few up cache creek way. No connection yet
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Just got in from chilliwack valley....the bottoms are green but once you gain any elevation it Browns up fast....bit did get cams up and found a pretty promising blacktail spot....always learn and improve everytime out...great day out...just no bears

Middle of May lie every year with maybe a few as exceptions

Bears awake near Campbell River. I saw a some on the weekend. Most pretty far away, but I got within 2m of one that was grazing and seemed to ignore me. Not big enough to waste a tag. Maybe a year and a bit old and under 100kg. I will look for him in the fall
    Last edited by shortrange; 05-01-2017 at 11:42 PM.

I've seen a few South Island one beauty but didn't bring him home yet

Game on! Bears are starting to be active. Yesterday morning I was making my rounds. I heard this huffing sound... wasn't a deer, it sounded like me after I carry a bag of salt up something steep. I looked around the re-prod but couldn't find the critter making the sound.

Fast forward to the late afternoon (4pm) I was a bit damp from the rain and figured with the skeeters coming out I should put on some thick hunting pants so I will be comfy for the evening hunt (I was wearing light blue jeans and street shoes for anti-tick purposes ... hunting solo I can't afford to get a tick somewhere I can't see or reach)

So, I am sitting in the jeep with it running while I get my clothes sorted out, then out of the drivers side mirror I see this brown phase bear run across the trail about 10 yards behind me. I turned the car off (mistake) and went out to see where it went. I could still see the bear in the brush at about 30 yards but barely... I need to have a better look so I go back to the jeep to grab my key and close the door. I looked around for a good hour, picking up fresh tracks from time to time but gave up the search to head back to a feeding area for the evening... was hoping the bear might have double backed and would be there waiting for me, but no dice so I waited... still no dice.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-02-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Got one on Fri, saw 3 and saw one today. Think it's still a little early but they are out.