Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

Seen 2 big boars last night. First one was only 1 kilometre down the road ( still had trigger lock on, ammo was in back pack) when I had a round chambered, I had enough time to see the asshole disappear across the road.
    5 km down the road a very broad shouldered rug was standing in the ditch. He heard my magazine rattle into the receiver, he must've heard that sound before. He was gone faster than my .300. Round 2 tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Cstmntnhntr View Post
    Seen 2 big boars last night. First one was only 1 kilometre down the road ( still had trigger lock on, ammo was in back pack) when I had a round chambered, I had enough time to see the asshole disappear across the road.
    5 km down the road a very broad shouldered rug was standing in the ditch. He heard my magazine rattle into the receiver, he must've heard that sound before. He was gone faster than my .300. Round 2 tonight!
    Good Luck. Looking forward to hearing an early spring success story on here later today!

Just got home from bear hunting.Saw one smallish moose and four mule deer.Still a little early around P.G.

Went out for a one nighter, but there wasn't enough grass in the valley to make a small salad lol ... wondering if all the herbicide they dumped over the valley and the long winter took its toll.. very brown and 1-2 feet of snow in the pockets we normally shoot our bears. No poop, no tracks... just no reason for a bear to be awake there yet, but the ticks sure are. caddisgirl just removed an adult female deer tick from my back that I was feeling... probably still a few more to go.

Thinking another 3 weeks before our spot is up and running, but we'll check back next weekend because why not?!
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-08-2017 at 08:40 PM.

good to hear about the Kamloops bears being out.....going to have a look around there in a couple weeks!

PS: Not a lot of experience near Kamloops so any advice is greatly appreciated.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Bear was out feeding next to the highway just past hope. This was last Saturday. Still early but there are a few kicking around.

Definitely a few kicking around. Lots of grass to be had closer to the highway... Chilliwack flats and highway along Hope looks great... too bad about all the white stuff and brown once you pick an exit. I want to hunt some of those farmers fields
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-09-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Went for a scout in my region 2 bear spot this morning. Still not quite green enough, but plenty of fresh grass and skunk cabbage on the way up. The next week or 2 should be shaping up nicely. A late spring equals more bear concentration.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

What's the snow like on the Merritt side of the coquihalla summit? My dad really wants to get out when I come visit Chilliwack this coming weekend, be nice to at least be able to get around on FSR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    What's the snow like on the Merritt side of the coquihalla summit? My dad really wants to get out when I come visit Chilliwack this coming weekend, be nice to at least be able to get around on FSR's.
    Was out that way today, give it another week or two, around cold water you can't go to far, snow levels drop near Merritt. No bear sign yet that I saw. But i bet they are there now. The melt is on