Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Personal Best years???

Your Personal Best years???

Tired of the Negative crap!

What were some of your best/most memorable years that you've had hunting over your career???
    Post pics/details if you like.

Been hunting since the early 90's but for me, some of the best years were 2007 (year of the bears), 2010 and my personal best was only back in 2014 when everything seemed to go right .......despite after making several mistakes.

Will post some old pics tomorrow.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Your Personal Best years???

2016 Baby !!!! 135 5/8 region 2 BT !!!

I already know ... 2017 will be better
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

I wish that I had pictures. Best years from age 7-10. Dad got the truck stuck he had to push, I got a crash course on driving a 1956 Ford 4 speed, I didn't do so good. After that as soon as we hit the gravel I drove, like the country song (When Daddy Let Me Drive' by Alan Jackson)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQe3DKDQRRs

No I take it back. When I did the same thing with my boy... Dam I miss those days.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

2000 for me, following in a close second, 1965.
    I badly broke both my left hip and elbow in Feb 29th 2000, yet through intense
    rehab I was able to shoot a 3pt mulie and a 3pt whitetail with my 70lb compound
    hunting bow during a solo hunt the first couple of days of that September. What
    makes it so very special is that I was able to prove all the 'nay sayers' which included
    my doctors, family, friends, and fellow workers wrong when they all said to forget
    about continuing to hunt, hike, cycle, and run, as I would be lucky if I ever got to even
    walk properly again.
    In 1965 I shot a huge 4pt mulie (my first) and a doe on my first hunting trip in the Interior
    without having my dad along. I brought my little 14 yr old brother instead. A very memorial,
    eventful, and successful trip.

successful griz hunt with my dad in 2010. 2013......my sons first year hunting and cancelling all my tags( black bear, cow elk, 2 white tails) and dads first elk in 24yrs. 2014 mine and my 11yr old sons first goats.

This year was my best I suppose. I got a nice moose and WT doe; the first of each. Got my 2 year old into a couple of fish, and he got a close up of my Dad's 8' sturgeon. I think its only going to get better as the kiddos get older so next year my answer will probably be different.

2008 for me - I tagged a 1x2 mulie buck in October for some good eats in the freezer, and a mid sized bull moose the first morning of hunting my LEH in November. A pic of Billwinkle, 'cause pics are always good, right?

My favourite HUNT ever was my 2014 spring bear, everything about it went perfectly. It was a spot and stock hunt with good time to assess him, stocked in to under 150 yds without him knowing we were there, perfect heart shot, easy recovery... All went as one hopes it would.
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...d-Bear-Success
    Pretend hunter.

Too many great memories to count. But narrowed it down to 2.
    My brothers' first can goose (1987) died in a pond with 10 ft of thin ice around the edges. After half hr trying to cast and snag it with a fishin pole, as we were without retriever at the time, the ole man stripped down buck naked and swam it to fetch it.
    Years later (2001), after the ole man had suffered a stroke losing most of his speech and right side, I had yet to take a big game animal in his presence. On our first annual road hunting expedition we lucked out and found a young 4x3 mulie buck rutted up in the middle of the road after a Revy snowstorm pushed him down. That would be the first and last big game animal harvest we would share.
    Lost track of tags punched, but nothing will ever top that one. I'd give all them tags back for one more road hunt with him, successful or not...
    Last edited by .264winmag; 02-19-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

90's were the best.I hunted with my dad and we killed a lot of deer together .Lots of great memories.Stone sheep up north with a buddy.Goat in the koots

I started my hunting career in 1975 as a boy in Manitoba shooting gophers, grouse, squirrels and whitetail. Not many years later, we moved to BC and I continued what had been engrained into me. Pinning down a specific hunt would be futile as there have been so many. My father loved to hunt and was an incredible shot in any/all situations. ( the nut doesn't fall far from the tree ��) Elk, moose, mule/whitetail, bear, icy creek crossings in your underwear; all great memories. The fondest, proudest moments of my career though, were being beside my sons and wifes first big game animals. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post pics here one day too.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.