Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Personal Best years???

Re: Your Personal Best years???

Yup!! Some good shooting there! Congratulations all around.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by ~T-BONE~ View Post
    2015 muley

2015 BT#1

BT#2

I like how much bigger a rack looks when doing a euro mount...I got a basket 4x4 WT that you could barely see the rack above the ears when shot but once the skin/fur/ears are off it looks decent

Liking this thread a lot! Keep these posts coming. Gives us newer hunters with limited success some motivation!

Some beauty blacktails gents
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

2016 was a great year for me as well.

even though I didn't cut all my deer tags I still managed to fill both freezers to the top. 2 spring bears for me, 1 with a buddy on a pre-scout up in region 5 for moose.

45.5" Leh bull in late September.

Mule deer late Oct

Went back up to help buddies with their Leh for Oct 15-31, we had no luck in filling the tags but I did manage to get a nice 2 point 6 hours into the trip, the rest of camp was rather not impressed that I was there for a 3 hour sleep then up and bagged a deer on my first hike. They had been there for 10 days already and not seen a single animal. Friend and I show up around 2:00am on a Friday night. Quick sleep and were up heading into a location I knew held some moose, after a hike in buddy and I go to hang a scent, managed to dump a 1/4 bottle of urine on my arm and leg... as Im gagging and both of us laughing our butts off we finish by hanging a camera and talking about where we want to place the next one. On the short hike out of a trail to the bottom of a cut I see some deer looking at us in the forest. Buddy was carrying my gun at the time as I had my hands full of gear and now urine... I ask him to pass it to me. Scope up, bone ! had to almost stand on my toes and find the smallest gap to get a shot off. Boom, everything scatters and we see the buck run into the timber to the side of us.

Wait 10 minutes and walk to point of impact, no blood, no hair... uh oh. Buddy with me is a brand new hunter and has never seen a deer shot before. First animal down was the bear on our pre-scout and then the moose a few weeks after. I say lets sit on that log there where we seen him run in and wait another 20. Go to sit down and bright red foamy blood, right on good sign. Again I say lets sit and wait a few. 15 minutes go by and we start the walk in, get about 10' from the log and hes piled up, didn't go more than 30 yards.

Finished for big game, never did fill my doe tag but had a stellar waterfowl season despite the snow. Transitioned from the fields to the rivers and had some wicked days.

Looking forward to spring bear, even though I didn't get my spring grizz leh buddy and I are still heading up to that zone for black bear and grizz scouting.

Last edited by Gone_Fishin_; 03-03-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    2017 is shaping up to be the best.
    Made some significant life changes and plan to hunt a lot:
    Bears in the spring
    First stones trip in August.
    Quick alpine muley trip to start Sept.
    Rest of the month is dedicated to getting my first elk.
    Moose in Oct either LEH or up north.
    Rest of Oct and November is deer locally in region 8

I never did more than 1 big trip a year prior to this.
    Previous best would be 2010 moose leh that my father forced me to still go on while he was on his deathbed. He stuck it out long enough to listen to one last successful adventure.
    BUMP!

I hate to brag, but I was right! 2017 was by far my best hunting year. While I did not make it on every hunt I hoped I would I did manage the following:

-June colour phase blackie
    -Aug Stone's with Rhyno
    http://archive.journalofmountainhunt...st-sheep-hunt/
    -Oct LEH Moose
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...highlight=pg83
    -Oct 2x3 Muley with my seven year old son(his first big game animal to be a part of). He has the euro skull in his bedroom!

It's going to be tough to beat, but I'll give it a try!
    Hope others had their best year in 2017 as well.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Every year is my best year.
    Could care less about the squeeze.
    All about getting out and learning.

The less you squeeze the more you learn.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

lloots of fresh air....some deer meat...good year for duck hunting....

This year was awesome for me. Started with an epic goat hunt with no trigger pulled

Got my first elk, will be posting a story on that soon

Got my buddies dad his first 4point Muley and his biggest deer to boot and on the same trip had the patience to pass on a couple 4 points hoping to connect with a real mature buck bit it never happened. Was one of the best trips I've been apart of.

2017, because it was my son’s first year hunting with me on a regular basis. We’ve got a nice b bear at the taxidermist and a couple grouse. Pictures posted.

Lots of road trips, exploring backroads, great meals, and teamwork.
    When in doubt, just pin it.