Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on hunting pants

Re: Advice on hunting pants

Quote Originally Posted by morphiend View Post
    I use Prana Zion pants for hiking and have started using them for hunting as well. I highly recommend them. And they are cheap compared to the hunting brand stuff.
    Early season pants, cheap, fit well and tough!! Lots of positives off the Rokslide site

Quote Originally Posted by Moe.JKU View Post
    I like my Sitka timberline pant. Way better than cheapo suff
    My main mid season pants; love the waterproof butt and knees and they are warm and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iltasyuko View Post
    Check out Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants. Light, good stretch, quiet, nice size packets and with merino base layer they work well in late season. They go on sale often.
    Another early season pant that is tough, light weight and reasonably priced, even with our crappy dollar.

Lots to chose from and lots of different answers; best is to try a few different styles and see what works for you.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I've discovered 5.11 tactical ridgeline pants recently. Awesome fit and flexibility for $100 Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by morphiend View Post
    I use Prana Zion pants for hiking and have started using them for hunting as well. I highly recommend them. And they are cheap compared to the hunting brand stuff.
    same..........
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Sitka Ascent pant, First Lite Corrugate Guide pant, First Lite Knab merino 2.0, Sitka Mountain Pant, Sitka Timberline, Sitka 90%, all top notch.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Early season pants, cheap, fit well and tough!! Lots of positives off the Rokslide site

My main mid season pants; love the waterproof butt and knees and they are warm and comfortable.

Another early season pant that is tough, light weight and reasonably priced, even with our crappy dollar.

Lots to chose from and lots of different answers; best is to try a few different styles and see what works for you.

Cheers

SS
    Thanks for all the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Iltasyuko View Post
    Check out Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants. Light, good stretch, quiet, nice size packets and with merino base layer they work well in late season. They go on sale often.
    Thanks I'll have to check them out

Kuiu Attack pants are the best I've used bar none. Bought two pairs in 2011 and have worn the first pair every day that I've hunted since then including some tough sheep hunts (still haven't used the second pair).

Haven't owned any First Lite clothing other than a beanie, but personally avoid Sitka at all costs now (poor quality in my experience).
    Last edited by StoneChaser; 02-19-2017 at 01:52 AM.
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Wildthings tactical pants, the lighter ones. Excellent in rain, tough in scree and dry instantly. I love them and also like my Cabela's Microtex pants for bush hunting as they dry fast, are soft and quiet and cheap.

I still have and wear Filson's whipcords in the snow over light merino longjohns and these last forever, but, are no longer made.

I go to Cabela's, check out Sitka and have looked at some of the others, but, see no real advantage for me in such costly strides. Each to his own, I am careful about spending now as a pensioner, but, spend on guns and scopes far beyond my actual needs.......

I also have 5.11 pants, never use them now as the Wildthings are far better, but, NOT "cheap".

Another vote for Attack pants. There pretty nice.

For all but the earliest season I still favour wool. I am using surplus West German or Swedish wool combat pants sized a trifle large with suspenders.
    You have to look hard to find these pants nowadays, but I laid away extra new pairs when they were common.