Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on hunting pants

Re: Advice on hunting pants

Not camo, but I like my Kuhl Renegades for hotter weather and my North Face Paramounts for most other stuff. All under 100 bucks and way under if you shop sales.

Old school Cabelas Microtex, light and dry fast, larger bdu cut with big pockets
    used with layers
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Last edited by Shuswap guy; 02-19-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap guy View Post
    How quiet are these pants? Been looking at them and another set they make, just concerned about the material making noise?

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Any thoughts on some good wool pants?

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_Diamonds View Post
    Any thoughts on some good wool pants?
    Take your pick... I use the 24oz dark green ones and wear them all fall and throughout the winter for work. Throw a pair of lonjohns underneath if it's more than -10C. Good site to order them from too if you can't source them locally.

http://www.gostwear.com/products_fil...Pants&cPath=86

My favourites:

1) The aforementioned Eddie Bauer guide-pro pants - they regularly go on sale for 40% off (so $50 a pair)

2) Kuhl (not Kuiu) - sold at REI in the states, not sure where here. Check the REI Garage during seasonal change-over.

3) FjallRaven - IMO one of the best of the "outdoor hipster" pants. 20% off is about the best sale you can find unfortunately.

4) Arcertyx - IF you know EXACTLY what you want and IF you're willing to wait for those pants to arrive at their discount warehouse. LEAF gear can also be found at the warehouse.

I don't really see a need for camo for my hunting/hiking/etc. so I rarely buy the hunting brands as historically I've found you pay a premium for the camo pattern.

me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iltasyuko View Post
    Check out Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants. Light, good stretch, quiet, nice size packets and with merino base layer they work well in late season. They go on sale often.
    ^x2. you can find these pants for about $40 on sale…great early season/spring pant. I was sKeptical at first but I'll be buying more in the future. I wear them everyday now. I have some big bull wool pants that are great late season. Owned them 5 years and they still look nearly new even though I abuse them!

While I enjoy Eddie Bauer products generally...the Guide Pro pants may not fit you...the ones I tried on were VERY slim in the thigh....or I'm just too fat...or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap guy View Post
    Not the quietest pants for sure but really a great and well thought out product. I wear these while working in the bush on a daily basis. They have a couple different pairs. I'm going to buy the ones with hip vents for hunting season this year for sure. They make a very sturdy pant with lots of pockets.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member