Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Grizz 3-35 & 3-36 - Looking for Partner or Tips

Spring Grizz 3-35 & 3-36 - Looking for Partner or Tips

Was successful for a Spring Grizzly draw for the 3-35 and 3-36 zones as I couldn't find anyone willing to travel further north or to the coast for grizzly so decided to try my luck a little closer to home that way I could make day trips on my own if needed. I'm 30 in good shape and live in Kamloops. If anyone else has this draw and wants to partner up, or even if you don't but know the area or have experience hunting grizz and want to tag along that would be great. Also, if you have had this draw in the past (or just know the area well) then any tips would be appreciated. Never hunted this area or grizzly before but have hunted black bears for a number of years around the Kamloops region.
    Last edited by russm86; 02-18-2017 at 12:40 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spring Grizz 3-35 & 3-36 - Looking for Partner or Tips

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    Was successful for a Spring Grizzly draw for the 3-35 and 3-36 zones as I couldn't find anyone willing to travel further north or to the coast for grizzly so decided to try my luck a little closer to home that way I could make day trips on my own if needed. I'm 30 in good shape and live in Kamloops. If anyone else has this draw and wants to partner up, or even if you don't but know the area or have experience hunting grizz and want to tag along that would be great. Also, if you have had this draw in the past (or just know the area well) then any tips would be appreciated. Never hunted this area or grizzly before but have hunted black bears for a number of years around the Kamloops region.
    My parents live at Seymour Arm, had over ten feet snow at lake level. We're you considering that route in?

A little time there, and as Seymour said, lots of snow, and steep....I have the same draw, I have a couple friends/partners that I've committed to going with, but if they can't make it out on one of the times that I might go, I'll PM ya...

TThe upper seymour river and Ratchford, creek has some griz. Pm me I know the area

That's my main concern really is access as I don't have a sled, just quad or truck (do have chains) or on foot. That would be appreciated Harry. Seymourarm, I will shoot you a PM in the coming week.

Bump, anyone else with this draw?

celista mountain or the upper seymour , petapiece. big area with not much road maintenance . i have no idea where or if they have even been logging in there .
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

Quote Originally Posted by hardnocks View Post
    celista mountain or the upper seymour , petapiece. big area with not much road maintenance . i have no idea where or if they have even been logging in there .
    I've heard access can be sketchy with poorly maintained roads built on silt... Might have to stick to quad? The snow started to melt yet? lol

Anyone else with a quad gonna be hunting this area for grizz or blackies?

Do you have any topo for 3-36 russm
    Last edited by Seymourarm; 03-03-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymourarm View Post
    Do you have any topo for 3-36 russm
    Not paper copies. I have some digital topos in my computer and on my gps. Haven't had a chance to look at google earth yet either...