Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Hunt Washington State?

Anyone Hunt Washington State?

Yes I know, I can google it and find allllll the info I need on the interwebs.

I did, and what I learned is starting from scratch is it'll take a fairly long sit down with lots of reading and multiple phone calls to various agents who are only available Mon-Fri. So if you're a search engine fascist - cool your jets on this one.

Just checking in to see if anyone has navigated the red-tape for hunting in WA? Any tips? My main questions are pretty easy to ask, but likely complex to obtain/explain:

- hunting licenses/species license
    - bringing a rifle or three across the boarder
    - bringing game meat back home

Not necessarily asking you to hold my hand - just comment on the level of bureaucracy and your experience. I'm hoping to expand my season a bit (late season particularly).

Happy Weekend!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone Hunt Washington State?

I have.
    What are you planning on hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    I have.
    What are you planning on hunting?
    Definitely interested in this, I want to check out WA as well.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

I've done so much research and haven't been able to figure it out. So I'm following this thread as well. Lots of thanks to anyone that has and helps us out here.

i'm interested in what the draw to Washington would be, considering it's right next to BC? Do they have something available that BC doesn't? Or is it that you will be there anyway and want to do some hunting?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    i'm interested in what the draw to Washington would be, considering it's right next to BC? Do they have something available that BC doesn't? Or is it that you will be there anyway and want to do some hunting?
    That's the case for me. I'll be there and was wondering if I can do some shooting too 😁
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    because it's closer than Pemberton ��
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Since you're asking for opinion, not researching fact, I'll gladly share my experience in the Okanogan area just south of Keremeos where I owned a lake house for many years.

There is a short season, with LOTS of pressure. Wal Mart sells a ton of hunting stuff for a reason. The Okanogan area is very sparsely populated but during hunting season it is a gong show.

I'm sure there is a legal way to bring a gun back and forth but you may be in for a rough ride either entering or leaving the US. I received a very thorough inspection and a long list of questions after they noticed a plastic clay pigeon thrower in the back of my truck. Luckily, my wife is American, so I was able to say our WA guns were hers and hers alone. God forbid they find a spend casing in the bed of your truck. Sometimes they are nice and casual, other times they are looking for a promotion on the back of your 'crime'.

Just like up here, hunters are nice folks but they get a little crazy when the density goes up.

For all the reasons above I never did bother with it. BC is 100 times the hunting ground.

YMMV.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

You will need forms for transporting found on BOTH Canadian and US customs sites I believe. And you will need WA hunting license(tags too?) in hand as you go down as it's your 'reason' for bringing them down.

Very Basic summary.

Non-resident tags in Washington are prohibitively expensive, in my opinion.
    https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/#/applic...ab=3&subTab=-1