Thread: Urban fishing Langley

Urban fishing Langley

hey guys,
    just curious if anyone has any experience with this, curious about the legality of fishing urban area lakes/streams or rivers? Specifically looking around derek doubleday arboretum, as i know theres a decent river some of the year, and theres a large pond (backs some townhouses) just curious if anyone knows if i can fish there/ would have a chance to even catch somethingn or are these all "dead zones" for any live fish?

Looking for a place to practice my fly casting while actually on the water, instead of in the park like i have been?

anyways thanks again!
    ~Wes

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Urban fishing Langley

Freshwater Fisheries will start stocking local lakes with rainbows in the spring, and these are fun and pretty easy to catch on the fly. Most of the local streams have resident trout, but they are all quite sensitive rivers so use caution as they fish runs are pretty low.

Vedder has lots of fish, as you probably know.

Cutthroat fishing will be picking up soon as the fry hatch starts pretty soon. Look for slower sloughs off the fraser...

Lots of local options - best best is to do some research and explore!

Quote Originally Posted by WesHarm View Post
    hey guys,
    just curious if anyone has any experience with this, curious about the legality of fishing urban area lakes/streams or rivers? Specifically looking around derek doubleday arboretum, as i know theres a decent river some of the year, and theres a large pond (backs some townhouses) just curious if anyone knows if i can fish there/ would have a chance to even catch somethingn or are these all "dead zones" for any live fish?

Looking for a place to practice my fly casting while actually on the water, instead of in the park like i have been?

anyways thanks again!
    The waterway at the Derek Doubleday Arboretum is the Nicomekl River, check the regs, I don't think you can fish above 208th street.

Check the regs, it's all laid out there.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

208th is indeed the cut off for the Nic. You can access the Nic at a few spots along it's course, 152nd for example. Apparently it has a pretty decent return of coho from the hatchery but I haven't fished it in twenty years, check your regs for dates and make sure tags and licence are in place.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Yeah i hadn't followed the tributaries far enough to see it was part of the nick, anyone else have a favorite lake/ area they fish near to town? Want somewhere i can head after work kinda idea.

thanks for the replies!
    ~Wes

Langley is close enough to the Fraser, and theres all kinds of fish to catch there.

Dude urban carp fishing is the way to go find some they are in some weird places