Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Leh is out

Re: Leh is out

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    Drew griz!! Time to check zero on the 168 gr TSX! Hopefully my foot heals up in time!! :-0
    Congrats man, same here.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

NIL hunter...

'rifle
    Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person's character, give them power.

3 out of 3 caribou mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by shaner338 View Post
    3 out of 3 caribou mtns.
    Hmmm going to be a extremely crowded zone this spring....yikes..
    Srupp

Yes, sounds like it will be a busy area for sure.
    Probably the busiest it's ever been....
    I guess we should know that by the amount of authorizations. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bcshadow View Post
    I am in shock..... just checked and have been drawn for a hunt in 5-15d in a year with significantly lower permit allocations compared to last Spring.
    Me too.

See ya out there!

Quote Originally Posted by shaner338 View Post
    Yes, sounds like it will be a busy area for sure.
    Probably the busiest it's ever been....
    I guess we should know that by the amount of authorizations. Lol
    Hmmmm was really surprised in a way on the increased allocations..on one hand the harvest success rate is high..and anecdotal evidence is of extremely high bear populations..encounters as well as some incredible ages of harvested bears..26..27..28 ..29..30 year old grizzly ...however with potential for 30 feet of snow in places..it makes the hunting seasons short..while bears ..some bears out in late April..access is very limited..some areas have lots of bears but limited hunter interest in hauling a 200 pound skull..hide..paws out 8 to 10 km. The outfitter limits his area and is predictable. ..
    A few areas are really sleepers up in Bettis old area..couple areas one can drive a car set up a chair and spot bears..others require a small boat nearer Ghost lake itself .
    The very northern part of the zone gets very limited pressure..yet has the most access..and plenty of bears. .size may be slightly smaller on average.
    One area will be a mere 10 km from where numerous groups will jockey for position, and try and outdo the outfitter..yet the other area will certainly have 6..or more bears in each of 4 valleys..and no hunters..
    These overlooked, seldom talked about..and even less hunted areas hold bears dying of old age..no one seems to go for gold.
    The last crew were in the valley for under 3 days..and did left because there were too many grizzlies..and felt it was too dangerous..they connected a few days and valleys later..lol.
    Hint look at the area and look for areas you havnt heard anyone talk about...pretty much every creek river on Quesnel will hold spring bears..as will every vally up over Cunningham pass.every one.
    Across from Mae ford lake..Kimball..Black Stewart.
    Should be no reason for one or 2 hunters to connect with 25 year old bruins...9 foot interior bears..however these ancient monarchs..need years to get that old..that doesn't happen in the heavily hit areas..
    Best of luck to all grizzly hunters..you already are successful just by drawing the tag.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Can't figure out the online crap.Forgot the ten passwords a guy needs know.Still like the old system!Slow and methodical like me.I'll just wait beside the mailbox?Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    Can't figure out the online crap.Forgot the ten passwords a guy needs know.Still like the old system!Slow and methodical like me.I'll just wait beside the mailbox?Wish me luck.
    Good luck.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by bacon_overlord View Post
    Got same draw.. from what Intel I've heard lots of action up there and in the Tum Tum behind Adams.
    Better get my 175 partitions cranked up and dialed in!
    Seems there will be a few of us in 3-37... my first ever Grizzly application was successful...

If any seasoned G-bear veterans have some general advice on the area... sounds like up behind Tum Tum will have more hunters than bears....