Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Letherman

Re: Letherman

I have been using the Charge for a few years and am very impressed, it has substituted many times for a tool I should have had with me in my profession (mechanic) quite sufficiently.

I have two waves that I never seem to located at the same time, but I usually have one on hand at any given time and they are fantastic. The best feature IMO is that you can access the knives, file and saw without opening the pliers. You just flip it up and you're off the the races.

My vote is for the Surge. More tools I'd actually use vs the wave.
    The only bad day in the bush is the one where you're mauled by a bear and left for dead by your friends, where you must embark on a six week crawl fuelled by revenge.

Rather Be Bushcrafting http://ratherbebushcrafting.blogspot.ca

Another wave for the wave
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Wave for me as well, and I too use mine AT LEAST once per day.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit X

Every tool that folds out locks…
    Has the little scissors Victorinox and Swiss Army is famous for..
    very comfortable in hand….
    made in Switzerland...

I have a 3rd gen wave with the case permanently attached to my belt.....no one likes to clean poo off their knife or worse yet, have it silently slip off your belt when you drop your drawers ..first one snapped from trying to cut something tough with the wire cutter (on the plyers)...replaced for free...second one snapped when prying with the screwdriver...replaced for free....3rd one is going on 10 years old with no problem..i like the removable tips for the screwdriver and the fine file (touching up the buck's edge)...

I have the Surge. It's kinda heavy. I don't carry it much. It usually stays in the Jeep glovebox...
    R.I.P BiG Boar

I have a charge, it's great, it's either in my bino harness or on my hit where ever I go. I wanted the wave but all the wife could find was the charge, I love it. I also have a Gerber multitool, also great but it's a little heavier, that has a home in my center console incase I forget the leatherman.
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

Back in 2010, I posted this about Leatherman.

" Some time ago, the tip on the blade of my old Leatherman dropped off. No, I did not use it as a lever for prying anything. It just dropped off, no prior sign of a crack, just dropped off.
    On the 23rd of August, I packaged it up and sent it by XPost to Leatherman’s Warranty Service provider, Eastern Outdoor Sales in Oakville Ontario. Because I was provided with tracking, I knew that the package was delivered on the 25th.
    Low and behold, on September 3rd, a package, arrived in my mailbox with this, a Leatherman Blast, in it as a replacement for the original.

Thank you Leatherman! "
    Still packing the Blast daily. Did change the case, found a bargain case for a Buck and opted for that. I had replaced the Velcro a couple of times on the original so when I found the bargain Buck case it was a no-brainer.
    Recently I got a couple of fingers on my left hand damaged. One had a severe impact on the finger nail, the other had a laceration that nearly cut away the finger print pad. Day 4 after the incident, the nail finger is badly swollen and had the look of infection setting in. Tried to tough it out but the pain and swelling under the nail was intensifying. Family day, nothing open here so off to RIH. While waiting for doc I pull the dressing off the finger in question. when he shows up, he says he wants to see the other finger too which is also bandaged. He's searching for some scissors to cut away the dressing and while he's looking about, I haul out my Blast, open the scissors and cut away the dressing. He gives me a funny looks and I tell him that boy scouts have to be prepared.
    Rarely leave home without my Blast.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"