Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of our wildlife management plans.

Re: The future of our wildlife management plans.

Some good points there, some not, I do wonder where the forest companies are in all of this, what do they contribute? nothing? really? I really think most of this issue can be resolved on its own once the landscape returns to a somewhat "realistic" version of what it once was.
    Lets face it, every tree in this province is going to get cut down (unless protected) and a road is going to get built to get it to the mill.
    Hunting opportunities could be curtailed because the forest companies disturb the habitat and enable access to the land? and I and you will suffer the consequences and the forest companies reap the rewards?

For one group of hunters to attempt to limit another group of hunters is abit of "pot meet kettle" to me and a waste of time imo.

The Government of today and yesterday are responsible for the entire situation we have today, they could have easily put forth legislation to quell every single issue brought forth in the video and is taking place in virtually every part of this province.

I didn't/dont see what the big deal is that the gentleman was a retired outfitter, I was wondering how the NDP will make things better? it sounded like hunting opportunities will be limited if they get into power, that will fix the problem.

I'm not sure if all the stories I heard on the video are factually correct and I simply get tired of trying to figure out who is full of bs, so I wont believe any of the personal comments that were presented. They seemed like a good group of hunters though, good for them.

a little bird has told me that in region 6 RH are about to get screwed. The allocation is going to shift in a major way away from RH and GO...
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Going to cut out for now, going out shed hunting and if I find some on the way home I am grabbing a Loto Ticket.
    Cheers All!
    Good for you.

Head out there and stress some weak animals on winter range so they miscarry.

Remember, it's all about you and the size of the bone you find.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Here we go again, shift the topic to attacking the GO's, start another thread.

As far as these Boundary Meetings go, we all know meetings consist of facts along with a hint of B/S, it happens in every meeting that I have ever sat in on.
    I think it went quite well considering they were not even following Roberts Rules of Order.
    Pick out what touches home with you and filter out the rest. One thing for sure is that this group is passionate and as transparent with what they are doing.
    Good on them.

Funny how I hear some members comment if you want something done you have to get off your butt and do something, then critic and belittle what they have to say.
    What is really meant is get off your butt and do something as long as you share my beliefs. Thats how you divide groups, even if we all share the same common beliefs.
    The animals should be front and center, thats the sum of it. Greed doesn't help the situation.

Ask around and see if hunting is better or worst in your neck of the woods, then compare to what you have seen< thats how it starts.
    More Hunters+more effort and less success is what I am hearing in my Region. If thats what your feeling, then you should be worried.

Your a real piece of work Pat, some how you think that I ride around all day like you and harass wildlife. I have picked up sheds from the same animals 5 years in a row, funny they seemed to do ok.
    As for stressing animals have you put any thought into how there is a out of control Bike trails funded by the Ministry on the westside in the middle of known Critical Winter Range. Stress at its finest.
    If you want to follow me some day let me know I would be more than happy to get you lost. Next time keep your Chicken s.... comments to yourself..

Too bad some people on this site are suffering from A.D.D. and prefer to attack a positive thread. Be careful what you wish for is all I can say.

I dont want my season shortened, nor do I want my hunting opportunities curtailed because of what I consider someone elses bungling, once the opportunities are gone they wont be coming back anytime soon. Game is down right now but it can and will come back, I have to work alot harder to find game, I can live with that

Your correct on hunting harder that is the fact.
    The modern hunter has every tool and right under the laws to be successful and I can only hope that the young hunters will have a chance to experience the full potential that this country has to offer.
    It's going to be a long hard road and proper decision making is a must.

You are correct bownut.

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Here we go again, shift the topic to attacking the GO's, start another thread.

As far as these Boundary Meetings go, we all know meetings consist of facts along with a hint of B/S, it happens in every meeting that I have ever sat in on.
    I think it went quite well considering they were not even following Roberts Rules of Order.
    Pick out what touches home with you and filter out the rest. One thing for sure is that this group is passionate and as transparent with what they are doing.
    Good on them.

Funny how I hear some members comment if you want something done you have to get off your butt and do something, then critic and belittle what they have to say.
    What is really meant is get off your butt and do something as long as you share my beliefs. Thats how you divide groups, even if we all share the same common beliefs.
    The animals should be front and center, thats the sum of it. Greed doesn't help the situation.

Ask around and see if hunting is better or worst in your neck of the woods, then compare to what you have seen< thats how it starts.
    More Hunters+more effort and less success is what I am hearing in my Region. If thats what your feeling, then you should be worried.
    the biggest issue in BC is lack of funding. Thats something everyone can agree on. That's where people need to spend their energy.
    We have an election coming soon so engage your current MLAs
    and everyone running to replace them.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....