Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grizz for 4-17

grizz for 4-17

So I put in for 4-17 what is that area like for grizz and what
    About a cess ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: grizz for 4-17

So did I, watching this thread!
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Not the "best" area of the WKs for Grizzlies, fair access by 4x4s and ATVs, plus boots and pack, steep, wet, rugged and bushy.

I know the area well, but, have relatives hunting in the area, so, keep quiet about specifics.

The one issue if you are drawn would be the considerable antipathy to Grizzly hunting by many residents and they have, although mostly "draft dodgers" and their hippy spawn, caused a LOT of trouble in recent decades for hunters. Then, there are a weird group, mostly old, who call themselves "Sinixt" and prate about "their territory" as well as having done some blockades in recent years.

Sooooo, try, but, there are better places in BC, IMHO.

they gived out a high number for that area like 25 so i thought there must be a good population .

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    they gived out a high number for that area like 25 so i thought there must be a good population .
    Not sure if it's the case here, but tag numbers can increase suddenly to a relatively high number when the harvest objective in a given GB Management Unit hasn't been achieved. A good number of tags doesn't always indicate lots of GBs are present.
    The World is run by those that show up.

High tag numbers generally means poor success

Quote Originally Posted by gamebuster View Post
    high tag numbers generally means poor success
    yup ! rj

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    No they are just trying to get one bear harvested that is why its so high and I have hunted this area many times in last 15 years only heard of two bears come out of this zone are 4-17, 4-18 and 4 -19 good luck
    bigben

Buddy and I pulled 2 boars out of there one year apart. Same year I got mine another fellow got one that's in the bc book.
    PM me after the leh is drawn and if you're successful I'll try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamebuster View Post
    High tag numbers generally means poor success
    Can be many reason for poor success rate or not achieving the intended harvest numbers without high tag numbers. This does not mean it is a poor area especially when it comes to grizz. Lots of low odds high tag number grizz LEH that provide an amazing hunt both numbers and quality.