Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mule deer guide

Mule deer guide

Well guys after hunting over 8 years alone now looking for big mature mulies i am out of opptions i have done eveeything i have been told and read just cant seem to find them was wondering if anyone knows a good guide for mulie in region 3 or 8 that wont coast me an arm and a leg thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mule deer guide

One of the serious drawbacks that is often not thought of by a BC resident who wants to hire a BC licensed guide for any hunt in BC is that the Guide Outfitter is very unlikely to take you to one of his better spots. He keeps those for the out-of-province clients whom he knows can't come back without hiring a guide again. The GO knows that if he takes you to one of the "honey holes", that you can just come back next year on your own with a bunch of buddies. Doesn't matter if it's deer, moose or otherwise that you are hunting for. I have seen it happen all too often. Good luck if you do go though.

Hmmm contact Skinner Creek outfitters..in Tatlyoko" honest reliable knowledgeable. .Doug ..his alpine hunt..total recomend his area, Doug .
    Cheers
    Srupp

What do you consider a "big mature mulie"?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Thanks guys i didnt no ppl did that go back where the guide took u kinda a dick move and to me a big dear is 140" or bigger

Not saying you're doing it wrong, but maybe you have to switch it up a bit. I spent a fair number of years without shooting decent bucks, then the switch turned on. If the effort is there, I can get a 4 point every year. Honestly, you don't need a guide, you just need some tweaking, and probably a little bit of confidence. And if you're hunting where everyone else is, time to spread your wings and look elsewhere. You ever been to big bar, the gang, or empire late season? I hear it's been not bad the last couple years. Just have to burn some boot leather. See where this thread takes ya....

Quote Originally Posted by mulieaddiction View Post
    Thanks guys i didnt no ppl did that go back where the guide took u kinda a dick move and to me a big dear is 140" or bigger
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Either keep at it on your own here in BC because they are out there or go guided in Alberta where there is more mature bucks % wise

I say save your $ in my opinion but it's your call

All I can say is save your money, don't get caught up on needing a guide to help get the job done, look at each season as an experience for you, pay attention, take note in areas, find the sign, scout, and your persistence will pay off! I can't guarantee you a 140" -180" Muley, but if you put the time in, burn boot leather, be out first light to last light when you can, even catching few hours out in the bush when you can, it well pay off!! And you'll get to sit back and smile and laugh, tell the boys you didn't need a guide to hunt for you, you conquered 140" plus inch Muley on your own!! It well be so much more rewarding, Reg 3 & 8 are my home town and miss them greatly for the amazing Muleys! They are there, number 1 thing to do, never give up and get out there! Best of luck in 2017 season, can't wait to see you post your do it your self 2017 toad of a Muley buck!! Cheers man
    Last edited by Backwoods; 02-10-2017 at 04:54 PM.

I'm not trying to be cheeky but do you shoot little bucks in October? Your chances of a mature buck drastically increase if you save your tags for November. The odd big guy drops in October but really I think you want to focus on September high country or November rut and post rut. Just my opinion

your not going to learn to find them by hiring a guide. unless you hire them ever year, your back where you started again the following year.