Thread: Ontario Conservationists calling for calf hunt ban-BCWFRPP Jesse Zeman on the podcast

Ontario Conservationists calling for calf hunt ban-BCWFRPP Jesse Zeman on the podcast

Ontario conservationists are calling for a ban on moose calf hunting because of a dramatic decline in their numbers.

The Current hears from both sides of the issue and looks into why this iconic Canadian animal is under threat.

BCWF Resident Priority Program Manager Jesse Zeman is on this podcast.

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/the-c...gment/11611043
    Make sure to Like and Share us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation

Twitter- @BCWildlife

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ontario Conservationists calling for calf hunt ban-BCWFRPP Jesse Zeman on the pod

100% agreement with the ban on moose calves unless it can be proven unequivocally that there are too many for the area to sustain. Cancelling the spring bear hunt in Ont. for almost 20 years had to be a big factor in the 20% moose decline.

Derek Fox said that the moose decline is a threat to his people's health & well being. No moose would have a huge effect on their diet.
    Mentions that FN have an issue with a high rate of diabetes blaming it on the western diet.
    The FN diabetes problem can easily be solved. Nothing wrong with other meat &/or fish + vegetables. Simply avoid SUGAR, all products that contain sugar & simple carbs such as white flour.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/t...lves-1.3969179

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Re: Ontario Conservationists calling for calf hunt ban-BCWFRPP Jesse Zeman on the pod

Good hope BC does the same

Shut down cows and calves ,huge fines $20Gs & or jail time + Truck rifle confiscation,hunting ban for life. For all humans caught poaching in BC. That includes the keepers of the land
    Free Black bear tags, 3 to 4 bears per season, or open season, no bag limit,remove the law that you have to remove edible portions.
    Grizz do away with Leh's in areas where moose numbers of concern, one bear per hunter.
    Wolves no bag limit and you can hunt them at night, 365!

the heck did jesse say the non licened hunter stuff is new to the,...lol, he didnt know natives dont buy licences? whats with the outright lie?

wonder if the diabetus has to do with all the sugar in booze?

Bonz it's not just the booze ,I have seen them standing in the grocery line up buying their litres of pop and bags of junk food. It's not the western diet I have. I don't think they have the guidance at home to make good choices and this leads to poor decisions down the road. If I ate and drank the stuff I see them with I am pretty sure I would be diabetic .but let's blame someone else for my poor decision,sound familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    Bonz it's not just the booze ,I have seen them standing in the grocery line up buying their litres of pop and bags of junk food. It's not the western diet I have. I don't think they have the guidance at home to make good choices and this leads to poor decisions down the road. If I ate and drank the stuff I see them with I am pretty sure I would be diabetic .but let's blame someone else for my poor decision,sound familiar.

oh i know it isnt just the booze

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    Same here! Have mentioned before on HBC!

Did you know? that 1 small can of soda(non-diet) contains 10 teaspoons of sugar-the main cause of diabetes, heart problems & obesity which is so prevalent in FN communities.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein