Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunnies. Bearish to the LmL

Re: Bunnies. Bearish to the LmL

Pasayten is a good spot for bunnies, grouse as well. First spot east of manning park. Have also nailed quite a few rabbits along Tulameen river. If you're into a drive, cache creek and all around kamloops hold descent hare populations.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

My best days rabbit hunting are in late fall. If you can time it right, the bunnies are turning white before the snow has fallen. Their fur is thick and they are soooo easy to see. Early spring can bring the same situation, but I find they are somewhat skinny, even for rabbits.

How are they around August/Septmber? Do they get wormy? I found a honey hole and am thinking of indulging...
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Season opening in a few days,........any advice?
    Don't think I have ever even seen a hare on any of my rides. I have extensively ridden fsrs within the 300km range of the Lml for quite a few years.
    Is looking for bunnies this time of year (west of the Fraser, south of Gang ranch) worth while?

I can't shoot enough of them.My dog is too old to catch them .They are a nuisance up here!

I'm looking to go Hare hunting this long weekend if anyone has room for a newbie from the LML.

Son came back from Whipsaw the other day with I believe 3 bunnies, I just came back from a short cruise off of Lawless above Tulameen, spotted 5 grouse in a few minutes.

Is there any good place to go in between Vancouver and Whistler that is accessible by regular car and a hike? I might be going up for mountain biking for a day but could make it a two day trip for hunting.

even if its a schedule C rabbit, id like to know where they hang out too. or what sort of habitats they like so i can try and find those areas.

I got 2 hares on opening day.. but was out of practice. I got to my spot too early, and had to eat berries for 45 minutes to kill time until they got active closer to dusk, sweating the whole time there'd be a bear on the other side of the berry patch and me holding only my .22 and nervous smile, but luckily none around.

Eventually I heard them mucking around alot in the thick, and finally spotted them on the grassy areas of the road. Dropped 2, used the gutless method and carried them in the free corona cooler backpack on ice. They'll braise up nicely.