Thread: Rookie fly in hunt

Rookie fly in hunt

Hi there,

I'm looking to plan a fly n hunt in northern b.c. this year (thinking about flying out of Telegraph Creek/Dease Lake within a 100 mile range). I'm hoping to collect some info on areas that are good to hunt around there... not looking for anyone's honey hole just a couple of suggestions would be nice. Preferably would like to be hunt for Moose, Elk and Caribou. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rookie fly in hunt

I don't think there are any elk up there, for moose and caribou pick any lake on the map big enough to land a plane on. If you plan on flying out of Dease there's only one game in town and he is getting pretty booked up from my last conversation with him. BC Yukon Air

Talk to the charter company, some will give you more info than others.
    Talk to BC Yukon, & the Charter company out of tattogga LK.
    I flew with BC Yukon, a few times now, with zero complaints.
    I've also heard Alpine, off of Tattogga, is also doing good business.
    Elk will be a tough one, but if you know where to go, they can be found. More East tho

Best bet is to call whatever company you plan on flying with and see what lakes are not booked for the period you plan on hunting. Ask for their recommendations. It is surprisingly busy up there, be prepared to potentially share your hunting grounds with another party.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad08 View Post
    Hi there,

I'm looking to plan a fly n hunt in northern b.c. this year (thinking about flying out of Telegraph Creek/Dease Lake within a 100 mile range). I'm hoping to collect some info on areas that are good to hunt around there... not looking for anyone's honey hole just a couple of suggestions would be nice. Preferably would like to be hunt for Moose, Elk and Caribou. Thanks in advance for any info.
    One other option I would consider is a charter out of Watson lake with Blacksheep aviation (they may even have there scout on tundra tires available) or Alpine air or others out of Whitehorse (no PST). There are some great spots within one hour of each place. Like was mentioned in a previous post, elk would be non existent.

Blacksheep has a base in Watson now, not sure if they have floats based there!