Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Saved by the bell"

Re: "Saved by the bell"

another time i had 5 hounds and stopped in at my uncles place in sayward to pickup his son, and try for his first hound hunt,we weren't out long,shortly after daylight,we found a track,i let my dogs go in order of trust,the more i trust them....the father out front thay are,thay took the track after the first 4oo yards, wide open bowlin,gets exciting about here,we were chasin the pack through a slash,towards a big snag,wen the dogs all pile on the snag,i can here them,i can see the snag,i see no cat but the dogs are pounding the tree,i tell my nephew to stay behind me as we get close to the action,i go around the snag,nuthing? i stop and watch one of my dogs(graesy)instead of barking up was barking down,and all of a sudden a clawed black mit reaches out and grabs my dog by its head,i reached down and grabbed her with my left hand and puled pushed her away and launched lead into the hole as i walked backwards away from the hole in the snag,my nephew was behind me and i was so focused i walked right over him.all came to rest,my dogs eye was hanging out on her cheek.i put her in my arms with my gun and pack i headed for the truck,got my nephew too grab dogs and leashes and meat me at truck,kept graesy by my side as i raced to town so she or other dogs would not make it worse,i thought shed loose her eye,but 1600$ later and some home care..... she not only kept her eye.....she could see out it till she was older and retired

dam i like reading these stories.hope you all find them as interesting,cuz i got a lot more ! lol i love hunting and have done most kinds that i could get acsses to,
    since a early age.and the learning curve .....cums with some close calls.what a hoot

Awesome stories guys

Bonecolecter, you are setting the bar pretty high. Great stories!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?