Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pet Insurance

Re: Pet Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    Good points Iron Glove! Certainly something I’ll keep in mind.

Are you with Trupanion?
    Yes, we've been with Trupanion for about 14 years now.
    We do benefit from a "multiple pet" discount as we have 2 dogs and 1 cat with them and we did notice a decent premium reduction when we moved from Vancouver to Hope. Apparently they factor in local Vet prices in their premiums.
    They were very, very easy to deal with on our pet claims, in particular during the almost 2 years of continuous bills for our dog's cancer treatment. Very quick to pay.

I've been with Trupanion since I got my pup at 8 weeks of age and they keep bumping my premiums every year. My pups just over two years old and I haven't used my insurance even once. The only money I've spent at the vet is for annual shots/vaccinations and getting Sako spayed.

I started at $50 /mo.,,,,now it's $60/mo. with a $700 deductible. I'm questioning myself now whether I should have just put that money each month into a kitty jar.

Had dental issues of 3k with a broken canine tooth and if we just did the inexpensive route and pulled the tooth there would be no more dental coverage from the insurer. So we did the fake tooth and it was covered @80%. Now e has a bad ass titanium canine! I wasn't about to put my mutt down over a tooth.