Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Feel For This Sheep Hunter..

I Feel For This Sheep Hunter..

Could not let this picture go by without posting it up for you sheep hunters this is as hard of a clime anyone would want to do with the cape and horns on your back and probably meat in the back pack..

.................................................. ........................................
    Last edited by hunter1947; 02-04-2017 at 05:49 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I Feel For This Sheep Hunter..

Most people I know who hunt sheep would give their left nut to be in a situation like that.

The most challenging conditions are usually the most rewarding.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Toughness, right there.
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

Can't be that bad - he's still got his hat on. Kidding ! Great pic!

Looks alot like the "other" kind of fun. Two kinds of fun, first one is fun in the moment: roller coaster or golf game.

The "other" kind of fun is harder to attain. In our world it usually happens after getting up three-four hours before light, driving down an empty highway, hiking up into the dark timber onto a steep nasty col and sneaking around in the semi snow/snow rain more or less soaked either from the rain or from sweat or both and more times that not the reward is getting a glimpse of a shoulder or butt heading in the wrong direction. Hunt hard until dark, slip and slide my way back down the mountain, get in the truck, strip off into my drive-home cloths, blast the heat, drive until cell service and text the wife "Had the BEST DAY EVER, heading out again tomorrow, see you when I get home." Then call my hunting partner and gabber on about the shed I found, the new rub in our zone, the little rocky terrace where I found a couple of new beds... Man! Now that's the kind of fun that keeps on giving!

I think our fun is so rewarding because of all the prep we do, the challenges we face when hunting hard and the value of the rewards are so impossibly high it's hard to articulate - and not just in terms of clipping a tag and dropping meat in the freezer - but the reward of being present in wild places, sharing it with friends and family and being blessed with the opportunity. Not everyone "gets it". And more importantly, not everyone has the opportunity.

I tell my girls whenever they come with me (about half of my hunting is with the girls (9 and 11)) that this moment we're in is special, we're incredibly blessed to have this in our lives and not everyone is so lucky. We usually end our hunting days hike out or drive home with "what was the worse thing about today and what was the best thing." Man they don't shut up when we get to the "best thing".

Have a good weekend Hunting BC!

Never had to battle the snow, but my biggest concern of bushwacking out heavy is are the horns still on my pack? A quick reach around back to ensure they are is all a guy needs to continue trudging along!
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Thanks for posting this photo!

Not sure about you Hunter 1947 or any other "seasoned" folks on here but it brings back memories for me.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Never had to battle the snow, but my biggest concern of bushwacking out heavy is are the horns still on my pack? A quick reach around back to ensure they are is all a guy needs to continue trudging along!
    I took some heat, over a decade ago, for losing a g-bear skull, in the Spatsizi!
    The willows, swallowed it up

Sweet pic Wayne!

Looks like a great day on the mountain !!
    Great picture Wayne thanks
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Some of you guys might want to check out instagram, lots of similar content to this! tons of avid hunters/hunting guides on there documenting their pursuits.

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Can't be that bad - he's still got his hat on. Kidding ! Great pic!

Looks alot like the "other" kind of fun. Two kinds of fun, first one is fun in the moment: roller coaster or golf game.

The "other" kind of fun is harder to attain. In our world it usually happens after getting up three-four hours before light, driving down an empty highway, hiking up into the dark timber onto a steep nasty col and sneaking around in the semi snow/snow rain more or less soaked either from the rain or from sweat or both and more times that not the reward is getting a glimpse of a shoulder or butt heading in the wrong direction. Hunt hard until dark, slip and slide my way back down the mountain, get in the truck, strip off into my drive-home cloths, blast the heat, drive until cell service and text the wife "Had the BEST DAY EVER, heading out again tomorrow, see you when I get home." Then call my hunting partner and gabber on about the shed I found, the new rub in our zone, the little rocky terrace where I found a couple of new beds... Man! Now that's the kind of fun that keeps on giving!

I think our fun is so rewarding because of all the prep we do, the challenges we face when hunting hard and the value of the rewards are so impossibly high it's hard to articulate - and not just in terms of clipping a tag and dropping meat in the freezer - but the reward of being present in wild places, sharing it with friends and family and being blessed with the opportunity. Not everyone "gets it". And more importantly, not everyone has the opportunity.

I tell my girls whenever they come with me (about half of my hunting is with the girls (9 and 11)) that this moment we're in is special, we're incredibly blessed to have this in our lives and not everyone is so lucky. We usually end our hunting days hike out or drive home with "what was the worse thing about today and what was the best thing." Man they don't shut up when we get to the "best thing".

Have a good weekend Hunting BC!

I couldn't have said it better myself !! Well Written.