Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Feel For This Sheep Hunter..

Re: I Feel For This Sheep Hunter..

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry14 View Post
    Some of you guys might want to check out instagram, lots of similar content to this! tons of avid hunters/hunting guides on there documenting their pursuits.
    Is there a link to it or a search thing?
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by campking View Post
    Thanks for posting this photo!

Not sure about you Hunter 1947 or any other "seasoned" folks on here but it brings back memories for me.
    Oh boy, does it ever bring back memories !
    Hunting trips with my late Brother in the Tumbler Ridge country in the early 1990s bordered on extreme or gruelling to say the least.
    Thanks for the thread Hunter 1947 !
    Lord, Please help me to become half the man my Dog thinks I am..

Epic photo, I believe there are a few other great photos of the adventure on Dustin Roes page on Instagram, thanks for the post Wayne!!

Nothing but good pain there... Like others have said sheep hunters dream of days like that. Archery ram to boot.
    Live to Hunt...

Beauty pic right there ... lotta hunters out there should be able to learn something about hunting from that pic.

The best hunts are the hardest hunts ...
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

Here is a bit of a story regarding this picture..

“I watched the ram collapse and slide out of sight on a thin snow-coated granite face. Out of my mind and shaking through my soul with the reality of completing a lifelong dream, I followed Dustin along the cliff band revealing the ram 750 feet below us. He had slid on the steep granite, fell off an 80 ft cliff then bounced a couple times before resting 20 yards from a 200 ft vertical cliff. I had a deep sense of overwhelming satisfaction taking a magnificent ram in an unforgiving climate and landscape. The magnitude of the retrieval didn't register until a later date when Steven Drake presented me with these pics.” - Athlete Kiviok Hight
    Photo: Tribe Member Steven Drake

Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

fills my hart with pride.AND ITS NOT EVEN ON MY BACK,lol owsom !!!!

Great pic!! Now this is what it means to earn your curls

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Could not let this picture go by without posting it up for you sheep hunters this is as hard of a clime anyone would want to do with the cape and horns on your back and probably meat in the back pack..

.................................................. ........................................
    Reminds me of work today, a foot of new snow on top of the 3 feet we already had. Gotta admit though, it woulda been a lot more fun with meat and horns, than a powersaw and falling gear.

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Can't be that bad - he's still got his hat on. Kidding ! Great pic!

Looks alot like the "other" kind of fun. Two kinds of fun, first one is fun in the moment: roller coaster or golf game.

The "other" kind of fun is harder to attain. In our world it usually happens after getting up three-four hours before light, driving down an empty highway, hiking up into the dark timber onto a steep nasty col and sneaking around in the semi snow/snow rain more or less soaked either from the rain or from sweat or both and more times that not the reward is getting a glimpse of a shoulder or butt heading in the wrong direction. Hunt hard until dark, slip and slide my way back down the mountain, get in the truck, strip off into my drive-home cloths, blast the heat, drive until cell service and text the wife "Had the BEST DAY EVER, heading out again tomorrow, see you when I get home." Then call my hunting partner and gabber on about the shed I found, the new rub in our zone, the little rocky terrace where I found a couple of new beds... Man! Now that's the kind of fun that keeps on giving!

I think our fun is so rewarding because of all the prep we do, the challenges we face when hunting hard and the value of the rewards are so impossibly high it's hard to articulate - and not just in terms of clipping a tag and dropping meat in the freezer - but the reward of being present in wild places, sharing it with friends and family and being blessed with the opportunity. Not everyone "gets it". And more importantly, not everyone has the opportunity.

I tell my girls whenever they come with me (about half of my hunting is with the girls (9 and 11)) that this moment we're in is special, we're incredibly blessed to have this in our lives and not everyone is so lucky. We usually end our hunting days hike out or drive home with "what was the worse thing about today and what was the best thing." Man they don't shut up when we get to the "best thing".

Have a good weekend Hunting BC!
    Very well said...and that guy in the pic is badass...