Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The gold bricks at the bottom ( burger )

Re: The gold bricks at the bottom ( burger )

We do a lot of cabbage roll casseroles (too lazy to peel and wrap cabbage), stuffed peppers, and stroganoff.
    Designing the perfect tin foil hat.

Simple recipe and one of my favorites.

Campbells Cheddar soup Meat Balls on Mash Potatoes

Make some meat balls, add whatever spices you like. I normally just stick to pepper, salt, garlic powder, and dried parsley

Sear these in a hot pan for less than a min per side. Just to brown them up a bit. Place into a baking dish and cover with a can or 2 of Campbells Cheddar Cheese soup. Do not add any water or milk.

Bake in the oven covered at 350' for half hour. During this time make yourself a big ol pot of mash potatoes. Uncover the baking dish and put it on broil for a few minutes to thicken up the sauce.

Put a big pile of potatoes in a bowl or on a plate, cover in the sauce and meat balls. Absolutely delicious, one of my wives favorites and anyone I've ever shared them with before cant believe a simple can of soup on some meat balls over potatoes would be so good.

Wife also likes to make sloppy joes but rather than on a bun she covers mojo's or fries in it and bakes with cheese on top. delish....

Spaghetti sauce. I brew up 2 huge soup pots at a time with home canned tomatoes, mushrooms, red/yellow peppers, garlic, zucchini, onion (Ooooh onion!!!) spices (basil, oregano, sea salt, peppercorn mix (ground), parsley, cayenne and ground game meat (fried separately and drained of excess grease. Curried meat balls, sweet and sour meat balls, lasagna, meatloaf (homemade tomato sauce/spices on top), spiced meat sticks made in oven, homemade sausage, sausage and cabbage soup, cabbage rolls, thin breakfast patties or breakfast sausages, chili, ect. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Ride Red; 02-03-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

When I was a kid my Mom would make Scottish Lorne sausage. It's the classic sausage on a bun found all over Scotland. Now, we just usually have the patty instead of bacon with our eggs on the weekend. A little HP sauce and you're gold.

I've been substituting ground elk and venison for the ground beef, and depending on the fat content of your ground game, I dial back the ground pork and bread crumbs a bit. The amount of water needed also varies. Lately, I've been using a small tupperware container lined with wax paper to press the sausage mixture into to shape the individual patties (about 2" x 3" x 1/2" thick), then place on a cookie sheet in the freezer until solid, then take two patties with a piece of waxed paper separating them, put in a food saver, vacuum seal and freeze. When you're ready to eat, just thaw then out and fry.

Ingredients:
    2 lbs Ground/minced venison or elk
    2 lbs Ground Pork (varies)
    3 Cups Fine Bread Crumbs
    2 tsp Pepper
    2 tsp Nutmeg
    3 tsp Coriander
    3 tsp Salt
    1 Cup of water.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

Great feedback, I will definitely be trying some of these recipes out as they all sound fantastic.

because our family is small, and sometimes meals are not planned far enough in advance, (I cook burger from frozen) we get through all our burger long before the roasts...we also only tend to BBQ steaks in the summer so the burger is almost always the first to be gone....as others have said, mostly spaghetti, hamburger goolash (mushroom soup mixed in with stir fried veg and burger), chilli and tacos are the main ones

Quote Originally Posted by bacon_overlord View Post
    Lettuce wraps.. ground cooked with hoisin or honey garlic Asian style sauce, add shredded carrot and some rice, wrap in a lettuce leaf or tortilla if you prefer. Mmmm.
    thanks, sounds yummy, going to try this one out soon!
    KCCO

Tourtière ; also popularly referred to in Canada in print and in its pronunciation as tortière) is a meat pie originating from Quebec, usually made with finely diced pork, veal or beef. A traditional part of the Christmas réveillon and New Year's Eve meal in Quebec,it is also sold in grocery stores, across Canada, all year long.
    Tourtière is not exclusive to Quebec. It is a traditional French-Canadian dish served by generations of French-Canadian families throughout Canada and the bordering areas of the United States. In the New England region of the U.S., especially in Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts (e.g., Chicopee and Attleboro), late 19th and early 20th century immigrants from Quebec introduced the dish.

There is no one correct filling; the meat depends on what is regionally available. In coastal areas, fish such as salmon is commonly used, whereas pork, beef, rabbit and game are often included inland. The name derives from the vessel in which it was originally cooked, a tourtière.

Tourtière is an integral part of holiday-time meals for French Canadians in St. Boniface, as well as in Manitoba's rural Francophone areas. Browned meat is seasoned with varying combinations of savory, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, celery salt, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
    Last edited by MichelD; 02-03-2017 at 01:24 PM.

If you like Greek nothing like mousaka or as I call it mooseaka. Gotta like eggplant but is real good with moose.

I love adding burger to spaghetti sauce. In fact, it's my base ingredient next to the tomato.

First I brown the meat with olive oil (game meat is fairly lean anyways). While it's browning I add some dashes of Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perins is King), salt, lots of fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. In a separate pan saute some freshly sliced mushrooms, and when they are nearly done add in some freshly chopped garlic to brown (dont let garlic overcook).
    As for tomato sauce, either get plain premade sauce from a can, of use canned diced tomatoes. I blend them up slightly with some fresh chopped onion. Then I add everything together in one pot/pan, the burger, mushrooms, and tomato purree. In goes more olive oil, a healthy dose of basil (flaked or freshly chopped), a dash of cinnamon, a few tablespoons of brown sugar, more garlic and onion powders, more freshly ground pepper, some chili powder. Set to simmer for as long as you like. Do the noodles up al dente. Deelish!!!!!!
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""