Thread: Elaho G-MAIN question.

Elaho G-MAIN question.

Question about the Elaho FSR in 2-6. Regs say "no moterized vehicles beyond the bridge crossing at 50.5 mile of the Elaho G-Main Forest Service Road". How many KM up the Elaho G-Main FSR after turning off the Elaho FSR is the sign at 50.5m stating no motorized vehicles? is it right at the bridge at the start of the G-Main FSR?

Is the Elaho FSR open after it was closed to the public due to unsafe conditions last year?

Thanks,

Mike

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elaho G-MAIN question.

I don't remember if I've seen the sign, but left side of the river as you're nearing the caves, the whole thing is washed up, you can make it across with an ATV, or built 4x4, I was just looking around with my son, I didn't feel taking any chances.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    I don't remember if I've seen the sign, but left side of the river as you're nearing the caves, the whole thing is washed up, you can make it across with an ATV, or built 4x4, I was just looking around with my son, I didn't feel taking any chances.
    I was up there last year and didn't see a sign. I did see a huge washout. You can walk in but even so it would be dicey.

As far as I can remember, it's along the FSR up to Glendening Park? Not sure on spelling. Drove up to the park a couple times years ago in the summers and in hunting season we would park around the 55 mile marker. Saw moose and bears up there.

You can drive along the Elaho fsr as far as your vehicle can capably take you but with the fire and rain last year there are a lot of hairy spots and washouts. and the g main is closed at 50km for spring bear season only, however it's washed out super bad at the memorial site you wouldn't be able to get a quad passed and I don't think it will ever get fixed unless they start logging that way again.

Edit: there is no road closure sign until you actually hit the road closure so you won't see any signage about it.
    Last edited by charlie_horse; 02-03-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Yeah, the sign is at a bridge and very obvious if you make it that far. But I haven't been there for years and like others say, washouts may impede access.

Thank you guys, the replies are always appreciated.

Why would the regs measure it in MILES when the road is measured off in KM?