Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons in the lower mainland

Lessons in the lower mainland

I'm making the leap this year into bowhunting and would like to get some lessons. Who would you guys recommend? I would prefer to jump right into the compound and most group lessons focus on the recurve. Plus my schedule is a little hectic so I would prefer private lessons. Am I off the mark here? Should I do recurve first? Any feedback is appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lessons in the lower mainland

Trad and compound are very different no need to start with trad gear if you interest is only in compound.

dont know your location so hard to recommend a teacher. I would go to an actual archery shop and ask who they recommend

Never mind your in the lower mainland call Wayne at big game archery I know his wife teaches archery at least she did

Boormans in New West....been doing it for decades!!

go see wayne at big game

if you have issues finding a 1 on 1. message me

you don't need lessons,get a target,buy a decent compound bow($$pending)the guy that sells you the dart flinger will talk you through it,practice practice,its easy,new compounds are all set up sights and it only takes a few shots. i bought myn and shot 6 or 7 arrows, never looked back,i grew up timber hunting,up early walk all day,see a few if lucky,now i hunt around town,i see more animals in a day than most guys see in a season,and iv harvested some wopers,what a hoot!!!now 12 years later,I'm ready to get a GOOD bow,
    YOULL LOVE bow hunting,

I would say lessons are not a must and compound is not hard to learn but..

Some just seem to learn better this way it depends on the person. I would recommend at the min shooting with someone that has experience. In my opinion form and consistency is the key and it is easier to find your faults if someone knowledgable watches you shoot. They can also help with the learning curve of set up

Not hard but there is things experience can help with

Thanks for all the valuable feedback. I definitely see both sides of it. I've found, when learning new things, it's best surround myself with people who are VERY good at those things. Shortens the learning curve and helps me see results quicker. I think I'll follow up with the people recommended above and at least get a 1 hour private and take it from there.

dont by into that stuff boncellector is posting., just trolling the site. hes one id refuse to sell to thinking he can go hunting after 6 or 7 shots and is good enough
    getting some basic help on form realy helps the game, i used a video cam for my teacher. helped with form/consistancy.