Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lessons in the lower mainland

Re: Lessons in the lower mainland

picked it up myself and made out just fine. but i will throw another vote towards big game archery, great people over there, and last i knew they did offer lessons. good luck

ive dealt with people that even took lessons. still slapping their wrist. sometimes the exp and a slight tip makes a world of diff. when i had people come to buy wrist gaurds. i always asked why first. and every single time. it was form issues. i say my tip. and their light bulb comes on to get it..lol

Do you work at a bow shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    ive dealt with people that even took lessons. still slapping their wrist. sometimes the exp and a slight tip makes a world of diff. when i had people come to buy wrist gaurds. i always asked why first. and every single time. it was form issues. i say my tip. and their light bulb comes on to get it..lol

i used to. just do some home stuff now.

What would be a good middle of the road compound bow to start with? There is some much advertising out there it's hard to tell what features really matter. Thanks.

most any bow around the 4-$500 area will get you out shooting with something decent. theirs good and bad in all of them. go to a shop and draw some back, the one that feels good and comfy...if set up right, is the right one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    most any bow around the 4-$500 area will get you out shooting with something decent. theirs good and bad in all of them. go to a shop and draw some back, the one that feels good and comfy...if set up right, is the right one for you.
    Agree 100% how it feels on the draw is the main thing. Don't get too caught up on brand or chasing speed

Thanks for the pointers. I'm in New Westminster so I think there is a place on Columbia St that is focused on bows. I'll drop in there this next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberline14 View Post
    Thanks for the pointers. I'm in New Westminster so I think there is a place on Columbia St that is focused on bows. I'll drop in there this next week.
    probably reffering to boormans in new west, their more a recurve style place, ive had to fix a few issues on their compound bow work. id go to cabelas or wholesale to pull back some bows. bigger sellection, and if its a pse you like. then go see big game to make the purchase..lol. suport local..he`s our local pse guy/dealer
    at the box stores you will only find the entry level gear, like pse, splits their line up in 2, pro line and mainline. only pro shops can sell the higher end gear, if thats what you might look for. i dont feel their needed for hunting bows myself though.

Also add boorman's is more geared to target shooting than hunting

Wayne has more knowledge when it comes to bowhunting