Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Residents allege poaching

Re: Residents allege poaching

everyone treated the same!!!!problem solved no ones spetall, no one should get away with what bands are,its heading for a showdown,and thay just keep pushing a pushing!thay hunt elk here on the island prityneer year round,dot contribute!take elk in the dark?take them in the parks?these iv seen with my own eyes,back in the days before our government rolled over AGAIN!!!!! and gave them the right to off elk without a draw???like everyone!drawing a line and making them......SPECIAL!!!and giving!!! away our(paying residents who transplanted elk to the ISLAND!!)opertunitys, to take elk in a normal season,not affecting there numbers.we used to drive out and loch elk now u go anywhere and u are lucky to see them running away.use stand around and woch, i feel very strongly that the line is being drown, by ass kissing governments,and the bands that abuse these opertunitys

So they are going to be charged, that means that they may lose or.....they may win, a win or loss will likely result in an appeal by either side and it could be before the courts for a long time, possibly 10 years.

It could be something contrived by 1st nations and government, as both sides know this is how laws are made in Canada regarding indigenous peoples, this allows the courts to make the decision, leaving government squeeky clean.
    If it is over in short order it was contrived by the 2 parties mentioned, if the provincial government does not appeal a loss, it was contrived.

I wouldn't be surprised if it results in a victory for 1st nations, regardless of common sense. Just like the rulings on pit-lamping for example......

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    They are being charged.
    With what?

Could be a new round of public outrage when this information is released.

If they go to court and win and First Nations are then legally allowed to hunt on others Private Land, It is no longer considered private land.....If the government wants to ease the battle, they better not let these poachers go free.
    Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    So they are going to be charged, that means that they may lose or.....they may win, a win or loss will likely result in an appeal by either side and it could be before the courts for a long time, possibly 10 years.

It could be something contrived by 1st nations and government, as both sides know this is how laws are made in Canada regarding indigenous peoples, this allows the courts to make the decision, leaving government squeeky clean.
    If it is over in short order it was contrived by the 2 parties mentioned, if the provincial government does not appeal a loss, it was contrived.

I wouldn't be surprised if it results in a victory for 1st nations, regardless of common sense. Just like the rulings on pit-lamping for example......

I think IIRC there were/are court rulings pertaining to hunting on private land out in the prairie provinces, much of the land is private until you get to the provincial forest area of northern saskatchewan,,,, when 99.99% of the land in BC is crown land I fail to see the need to hunt private land without permission. Theres going to be trouble, the result of throwing common sense out the window, public safety is no longer a concern it would seem.

Question Re: Residents allege poaching

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    They are being charged.
    Have a link or anything of that nature to share??

Wondering...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Have a link or anything of that nature to share??

Wondering...
    Nog

unlikely for a while.....
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    even if some peoples hands are tied, pics always help sway public opinion..lol
    here after the natives got there quota of frickin elk, i can go by it on the res along with sockeye and halibut lol this discustion is nasty, I'm getting angry now,

can charge a native, but he will never get convicted,its his right to take what he wants?wen he wants it,and sell it to us????what happened to laws?thay sell fish every year everyone knows it??nuthing happens, lord nos last thing we need is a road block??? coward politions

This is nothing compared to the exclusive they will get on that park down south, resident hunters will be the trespassers then.