Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Residents allege poaching

Residents allege poaching

Lets keep this civil boys + girls lots of info in this article for all hunters

Dustin Godfrey - Jan 30, 2017 / 3:43 pm | Story: 187430
    Photo: Contributed

Residents in the Greyback Mountain Road area are frustrated after two elk were allegedly killed and harvested on private property.
    Inspector Tobe Sprado with the BC Conservation Officer Service says the incident is being investigated after two elk were killed, including one that was pregnant, and the meat was harvested. Sprado believes it happened on private property.
    "Two elk were harvested on private property, which were retrieved," he said. "Later in the day a third elk was found, but I'd been led to believe it was isolated from the original incident."
    The third elk is being assessed by the COS, as to whether it was also shot and whether it was connected to the previous incident.
    Details are sparse from the COS, as there is an investigation ongoing on the matter.
    The accused individuals, believed by Sprado to be from the Penticton Indian Band, were onsite when the conservation officer and RCMP officers arrived to the scene. Sprado said it was a positive interaction between those individuals and officers on scene.
    He couldn't say whether or not any action was taken by officers during the incident.
    "We're looking at possible noncompliances under the wildlife act, the trespass act and maybe the firearms act," Sprado said.
    "We're leading the investigation, and the route, obviously, is charges or we can also look at possible restorative justice if the evidence would support any or either of both of those."
    Sprado says First Nations people have the right under the Indian Act to hunt on Crown lands for food or ceremonial purposes, but not on private property without permission.
    Victoria Kryzanowski says she's owned the land where the incident is alleged to have taken place for about 15 years, and has never given permission to anyone to hunt on that land, noting that as a hunter herself, she doesn't hunt on that land.
    She adds that the issue has been ongoing for sometime, though Sprado was unable to say whether conservation officers have been called to the property before.
    Last edited by 358mag; 01-30-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Residents allege poaching

If the alleged poachers were Caucasian what would the COS and RCMP have done?

Restorative justice?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Question Re: Residents allege poaching

Given the recent incidences in Manitoba, Alberta, and now BC I can't help but wonder whether these are coincidence or not...

Is is possible that those involved are "testing the waters" to see just how far the matter can be pushed?

Am I giving them far too much credit, or does the possibility strike a chord with anyone else?

Wondering...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    If the alleged poachers were Caucasian what would the COS and RCMP have done?

Restorative justice?
    Sure there would have been a bit different outcome for sure .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

since when??? without a licence and tags

Sprado says First Nations people have the right under the Indian Act to hunt on Crown lands for food or ceremonial purposes

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Given the recent incidences in Manitoba, Alberta, and now BC I can't help but wonder whether these are coincidence or not...

Is is possible that those involved are "testing the waters" to see just how far the matter can be pushed?

Am I giving them far too much credit, or does the possibility strike a chord with anyone else?

Wondering...
    Nog
    been thinking that for a while actualy.

There is always gonna be those people that try to push their luck too far. Hope fully for these individuals they get some trespassing fines at the very least. Unless one of the individuals in question did not have a PAL and was not seen shooting from the truck then I highly doubt there.will b any firearm related offences.

Wasn't that within the city no shooting boundary?
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

I say let the Penticton Indian Band deal with it if it's their own members. As its a black eye for all of them. Should not get away with hunting on someones private land.

The only reason I would ever buy a chunk of land would be to know for certain that I was the only one allowed to hunt on it. If these clowns don't get the book thrown at then then what's the f***** point of owning land.... complete bullshit trespassing and hunting on someone's property