Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new record size ling

2. Site Sponsor

Re: new record size ling

I fished that lake for many years. Caught lots of barbots but never anything that big.
    Proud member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Hunt,Kill,Eat

it is one of the few fish that can make you squirm especially if you don't like snakes...the way they writhe and can almost wrap around your hand when you grab them...heheheh

For the record , that's an Ontario record ling (burbot) I have seen bigger ones here in BC

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    For the record , that's an Ontario record ling (burbot) I have seen bigger ones here in BC
    yes sorry that was in the article and that a much bigger one was caught in Sask...you talking fresh water burbot I assume?...I think I have seen ones close to that size too but we always treated them like garbage fish and never kept them...we used to only get them while ice fishing for Lake trout in deeper lakes...here is a link to the bc site and looks like no one has bothered to enter one here either...heheheheh http://www.recordfishcanada.com/burbot6.html

Exactly - 1 year while spring bear hunting up McNaughton Lake out of Mica Dam I caught one 52 " long - it had about a 6-8 lb freshly swallowed Burbot in its stomach too ! They are Excellent Tasting Eating Fish ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Exactly - 1 year while spring bear hunting up McNaughton Lake out of Mica Dam I caught one 52 " long - it had about a 6-8 lb freshly swallowed Burbot in its stomach too ! They are Excellent Tasting Eating Fish ! RJ
    Wowser ! That is a big one ! And in the same water drainage as I was thinking .... There (is) was a pic in the Edgewood store titled "the arrow lake alligator " which was over 18 lbs I cant remember the length

... I have seen bigger ones here in BC
    They get One HELL of a LOT Bigger in the Western Arctic.
    18 pounds would be damn near "bait"...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    You could be holding a world record fish- I'm sure you have at least a picture of it- post up the pic cuz the world wants to see!!!

World record is I think is around 25lbs but have heard many rumours of bigger caught here in BC.