Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: First Nation rights

Re: First Nation rights

Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    She is tainted by her university indoctrination. Her posts reflect a lack of real life experience - she approaches these problems through the lens of academia - it's obvious in the way she answers questions. Hopefully she will mellow and come around once she gains some wisdom, and hopefully she will put her brains to use for finding pragmatic solutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    that is how I fell as well.....we need jassmines on our side.....not to be condescending jass but when you get older and more experienced in life, you will find not all truth comes from a book...and to be earnest, I feel you will reach that point some day soon (once your experience catches up to your education
    You guys aren't wrong in that "real stuff" needs to be done; however, a significant amount of credit has to be conveyed to Jass. We can't solve problems until we know WHY they're problems. Otherwise, they're band-aids that don't get to the issue at hand and create even bigger problems.

I, personally, haven't had time to read the Truth and Reconciliation Commission's reports (the summary is a 535 page PDF); however, I understand them to be quite scathing.

On the surface, one law for all is very appealing. But are we able to do that while maintaining our human rights, rule of law, and ethnic diversity obligations? I'd like to think we can find a way.

The flaw in your reasoning is that not everyone has special Rights, entrenched in the Charter, .
    Special rights accorded to them due to the fact that their communities were here long before Canada came along and removed many of their human rights and subjugated them to Canadian laws and Policies.
    Rights that are in line with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People.

She is tainted by her university indoctrination. Her posts reflect a lack of real life experience - she approaches these problems through the lens of academia - it's obvious in the way she answers questions.
    When you're job is a researcher/scientist there aren't many other ways to look at conservation biology problems than through the lens of academia.
    What is the lens of academia? Evidence based policy and methodology? To me that doesn't sound all that bad.

Not sure why or how that you think education taints someone. In fact the scientific method specifically allows you to analyze and interpret the evidence to free yourself from whatever political/cultural beliefs you may have.
    I have only been involved working on the front line in conservation biology with government and local stakeholders for the past 5 , so I probably do need more experience. But equally I think you could use a few years of some "indoctrination" and allow some of your experience to be tainted by some actual education.
    Last edited by jassmine; 01-30-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Cole, Fred or Felix Kruger these r the three hunter

La vendetta es una minestra che se mangia fredda, my friend,
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    When you're job is a researcher/scientist there aren't many other ways to look at conservation biology problems than through the lens of academia.
    Academia is failing us all with the illiterate snowflakes they are releasing into the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

What is the lens of academia? Evidence based policy and methodology? To me that doesn't sound all that bad.

Not sure why or how that you think education taints someone. In fact the scientific method specifically allows you to analyze and interpret the evidence to free yourself from whatever political/cultural beliefs you may have.
    I used to know a guy who we used to say was so smart that he was stupid. Very well school educated ,did not have the first goddamn clue about life it`s ownself. But he had degrees and was one of the most arrogant SOB`s you will ever meet. Also had teachers like that. Those ass heads would die in the first 3 days of a power outage.
    Don`t EVER mistake school learning for Education.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

I know a Brain Surgeon who could not get a fire going with a Gal of Shell Gas and a Box of Eddys Matches but could prob save your life in the operating room - We Know What we Know ! jmo RJ

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    I used to know a guy who we used to say was so smart that he was stupid. Very well school educated ,did not have the first goddamn clue about life it`s ownself.
    So...
    Yes and I know dozens of hunters/outdoorsmen/ cousins and friends with low to no post highschool education who all have an opinion on resource management but who I would not trust for a second on crafting any wildlife management policy.
    So you're coming to a hasting generalization that can apply to anyone (and is also a logical fallacy).

Special rights accorded to them due to the fact that their communities were here long before Canada came along and removed many of their human rights and subjugated them to Canadian laws and Policies.
    Rights that are in line with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People.
    Do you actually believe that the attitudes, beliefs, opinions and cultural practices of the SCORES of very different pre-contact peoples in just what is now Canada, were what the UN policy is as stated in their "Declaration"? Can, anyone, even you, actually be that obtuse, ahistorical and totally wrong?

The vile UN is NOT the source for we CANADIANS to draw OUR policies from and WE should withdraw from it as should the UK, the USA, Australia and New Zealand ASAP.

I will NOT be told by the foul UN what MY country will do, so, kindly learn some factual Canadian history and watch your mouth about "subjugate" as insults to my, among others, pioneer ancestors rile me a mite.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post

La vendetta es una minestra che se mangia fredda, my friend,

My favourite Italian proverb, "Revenge is a meal best eaten cold"......another, British, at Waterloo, from The Iron Duke, "UP Guards and at 'em"!!!! My last English ancestor, GGF, was an officer in the Grenadier Guards, so, the sentiment is MY "tradition".......