Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Nation rights

Re: First Nation rights

Quote Originally Posted by plumberjustin View Post
    A guy posted this story yesterday on the huntingBC Facebook page. It contained many photos, quite graphic, made me sick to hear this news. We can't allow these atrocities to go on any longer. Something must be done.
    Can you post the pictures on HBC for the rest of us to see ??
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

As I understand it, FN hunters can hunt anytime of year for "traditional" purposes as long as its within their "Traditional Territory" (or if outside, they must be granted permission from the tribe of that particular area) - correct?

If this is on Private land but WITHIN their traditional territory, does that mean traditional territory overrides private land ownership???

I am guessing the reality of the situation is that the land owner has to press charges against the poachers ..if not they walk...when you have a family and live next door to these criminals do you risk your family for a few elk.....it should not be up to the landowner to press charges, it should be up to the crown!!!!

this is the same band that was causing issue with the lady in OK falls for fishing to
    this to will be a fight over land rights. i havent found anything yet that they were granted the traditional lands. only reserves, and that is different
    charges have been paid. not sure what ones other than trespassing id assume

ive got the pics also, not sure why they got taken down here. ill wait to see an ok before ill post them up, i can pm them if anyone wants

is their open season for elk in that area? if not i do think their not allowed unless they have an leh, or their open season there

http://indigenousfoundations.arts.ub...tion-1763.html

I think this is worth a read to understand some of the complexities of the situation...

this is the same group. the fishing issues

http://www.castanet.net/news/Pentict...spute-heats-up

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    is their open season for elk in that area? if not i do think their not allowed unless they have an leh, or their open season there
    Yes there's a GOS for 6 point bulls , but no LEH for cows in that region .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

What's the point to this thread Mr. Hubbard? Attempting to rile the rh's to help protect YOUR elk? We all know what emotions these types of situations conjure up with rh's, and there's no need inflame them.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

so us others that hunt there cant be angry about this?