Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: First Nation rights

Re: First Nation rights

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    What's the point to this thread Mr. Hubbard? Attempting to rile the rh's to help protect YOUR elk? We all know what emotions these types of situations conjure up with rh's, and there's no need inflame them.
    Give your head a shake, Troy. This is something that absolutely should rile us up. Give the personal stuff a rest. If you can't see the major issue here then I'm not sure what to say. This is a big problem in that area and should get the attention it deserves.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    That's the point, the technology of humans is not reserved for one particular people.We only advance as a people by sharing our advances in science and technology. Not boxing them away for one particular group of people.
    The whole argument reminds of the little kid who picks up his Tonka Truck and goes home because he doesn't want to share with the other kids in the sandbox. With the process of evolution in over a hundred years and most likely contact with another immigrant over those years, they would most likely introduce different technologies (through trade and barter for e.g.) so the whole argument is moot.

But if you think that only the French should be allowed to use smokeless gun powder, that is definitely your prerogative
    .I see you have been Googling! You are very good at that. But technically it's not "smokeless gun powder" It's propellant.

The British developed cordite, which was also an early smokeless propellant.

A Canadian designed the USA M1 Garand.

And so on.....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    .I see you have been Googling! You are very good at that. But technically it's not "smokeless gun powder" It's propellant.

The British developed cordite, which was also an early smokeless propellant.

A Canadian designed the USA M1 Garand.

And so on.....
    Sorry for the mistake.
    But I disagree with BgBlkDg and your desire to limit the use of particular technologies to the people who invented/discovered them.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Guns are NOT one of their "traditional" artifacts and ONLY WE whose ancestors invented rifles have the moral birthright to own them. After all, we all want to be *traditional*, eh................
    Last edited by jassmine; 01-30-2017 at 11:41 AM.

I sure hope this poacher is not cutting down the landowners fence post..........

Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

But I disagree with your desire to limit the use of particular technologies to the people who invented/discovered them.
    Where did I say that?

Or, as you would say "feel free to show where I said that"
    Last edited by Gateholio; 01-30-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

jassy..that was a classic redirect.....
    Q#1 Do you think FN hunting rights should extend to private property?
    Q#2 Do you think FN should have the right to kill any animal anytime regardless of sex, population health numbers or during the hardest part of winter
    Q#3 Do you think that this case should result in charges under existing laws

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Where did I say that?

Or, as you would say "feel free to show where I said that"
    Well the point I was making was in reference to BgBlkDg wanting to ban FNs from having firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    IGuns are NOT one of their "traditional" artifacts and ONLY WE whose ancestors invented rifles have the moral birthright to own them. After all, we all want to be *traditional*, eh................
    So should we also stop using gunpowder (which is most certainly not an invention of Europeans)?
    Then you chimed in, to indicate that the propellant currently in use is not chinese.

So being the moderator and all, I believed that you would be following along in the conversation that was happening who's topic was FN rights (or what turned into a removal of rights to own firearms).
    Being a moderator, I assumed that you would not be posting something off-topic or extraneous (key elements of the definition of an Internet troll), and believed you joined this particular discussion outlining the origin of propellant to stay on topic, hence, being more targeted with the ban on key technologies only to particular people.

But if not, and you simply wanted to post something extraneous or off-topic to the conversation at hand, sorry my mistake.

This is what its actually about...

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    Q#1 Do you think FN hunting rights should extend to private property?
    Q#2 Do you think FN should have the right to kill any animal anytime regardless of sex, population health numbers or during the hardest part of winter
    Q#3 Do you think that this case should result in charges under existing laws

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    jassy..that was a classic redirect.....
    Where's the redirect?
    I was simply responding to posts that posted before me or in response to me.