Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: First Nation rights

Re: First Nation rights

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    I will NOT be told by the foul UN what MY country will do, so, kindly learn some factual Canadian history and watch your mouth about "subjugate" as insults to my, among others, pioneer ancestors rile me a mite.
    It's quite hard to pioneer something, when there are scores of other people, languages (at least 60, not counting the many dialects likely lost), culture and nations in the place you are pioneering (i.e. Canada a word that pops up in Huron, and Haudenosaunee languages_.
    So kudos.

Pioneering: a person who is among the first to explore or settle a new country or area.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Do you actually believe that the attitudes, beliefs, opinions and cultural practices of the SCORES of very different pre-contact peoples in just what is now Canada, were what the UN policy is as stated in their "Declaration"? Can, anyone, even you, actually be that obtuse, ahistorical and totally wrong?

The vile UN is NOT the source for we CANADIANS to draw OUR policies from and WE should withdraw from it as should the UK, the USA, Australia and New Zealand ASAP.

I will NOT be told by the foul UN what MY country will do, so, kindly learn some factual Canadian history and watch your mouth about "subjugate" as insults to my, among others, pioneer ancestors rile me a mite.
    With all due respect (which isn't really necessary, as you won't read this anyhow), do you honestly believe that indigenous peoples were not subjugated by our ancestors? If so, what is the basis of belief for that?

That's not to say that the people that are here now don't need to alter conduct to coincide with the reality of the current situation, but can you honestly deny subjugation?
    Last edited by AgSilver; 01-30-2017 at 03:58 PM. Reason: clarity

I see the court of public opinion has hung these three guys. And I'd have to agree in some respects. BUT if the courts allow this to go unpunished why wouldn't they do these things. It's the courts as some have mentioned that need to held to account. Quit pandering to the minority groups of all walks and make one set of rules for all people.

Experience has taught me this thread can only go one direction, so!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!