Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: First Nation rights

Re: First Nation rights

Merry we go around,,,around,,,,white man can talk,,,and thats ALL,,unless we united ,,and really push political people to do something radical..
    WHO?WHEN?WHERE?That's gonna happen?
    Are our grandchildren in same 'jam'...than we are?

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    Well what is the plan that has a chance to get everyone on board (asking earnestly, because I have never seen a good one elaborated)?
    Stay tuned.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Ah ! " KEEPERS " of the land at it again - Prob all Starving down there and really needed the meat ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    Well what is the plan that has a chance to get everyone on board (asking earnestly, because I have never seen a good one elaborated)?
    So Little Miss Know it All What your IDEA's on how to fix things - Share your REAL thoughts with us Please !

Cheers RJ

Well whonnock Boy you just took this out of the box to a higher level naming me, so u hiding behind your username I my assume that you might be one of the hunters? Which one. Cole, Fred or Felix Kruger these r the three hunter. I ask you what was the real point of shooting these elk right in front of my driveway if I was home you think I woud of just sat there and maybe invited you in for coffee, I believe there was a lot of more reason behind this. I tell you of some of my thoughts but if I had a goal it would be to sit down with your elders/chief and concel and have a productive discussion on the future of our wildlife population within the Okanagan Nation for all user groups and there children. Other First Nations in this province are realizing that there is not a sustainable population of wildlife without rules and regulations within their communities. We need to get together and talk about all our issues and concern and try and partner together for everybody best interest and family. One may have the court protected rights to do something but that does not mean it should be thrown into people faces and not expect a reaction when it's not publicly excepted. The ministry of environment manager wildlife with seasons/sex and horn restrictions for a reason and that is to have a stastainabke wildlfe population for all user groups future generations. But when one group with no will to respect the government management it become a unmanageable resource with no future. You now as well as all the other local hunters that there is a overharvest going on on our wildlife look at the deer population, moose are almost destroyed on the east side of the valley, elk r next. For your information I have harvested 2 bull elk in 7 yes 7 years and 3 Mule deer. I have to report my harvest to the government. We have lost our all age class in Our Mule deer/elk and moose these animals no longer have any guidance I ask you what would happen if you lost all your elders and how would the rest of the comunitee

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    Merry we go around,,,around,,,,white man can talk,,,and thats ALL,,unless we united ,,and really push political people to do something radical..
    WHO?WHEN?WHERE?That's gonna happen?
    Are our grandchildren in same 'jam'...than we are?
    What's the leverage to make change?

Answer.....
    $$$ and votes.
    This is the only currency Gov understands.

Wildlife's future needs non hook and bullet people to get behind conservation projects.
    More numbers aligned behind the cause.

Projects take $$$
    Gov will not pay for this message nor fund projects.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Wildlife is at a critical crossroads in this province.

Wildlife is arguably our biggest resource.
    It agonizes me to listen to people fight in the mud.
    The blame game never ends.

Look in the f*cking mirror people.
    The solution starts there when asked.
    110% agree with this statement. Very well put.

Hope we don't look back on this time as the chance we "had" but couldn't make happen.
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

As I have said in another reply, I'm not saying that we shouldn't be riled up. I question what the motive is for a guy to post such an inflammatory topic after having not posted in almost 3 years, especially considering his business ownership, one of which involves wildlife allocation and his "fair" share. If that doesn't make you go hmmmmm...., carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Give your head a shake, Troy. This is something that absolutely should rile us up. Give the personal stuff a rest. If you can't see the major issue here then I'm not sure what to say. This is a big problem in that area and should get the attention it deserves.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

The sad part about the management of resources is that, often, we let thing get real bad before we finally make a change...perhaps we will need to ride to hell in a handcart for awhile longer before we actually get change for the better

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    jassy..that was a classic redirect.....
    Q#1 Do you think FN hunting rights should extend to private property?
    Q#2 Do you think FN should have the right to kill any animal anytime regardless of sex, population health numbers or during the hardest part of winter
    Q#3 Do you think that this case should result in charges under existing laws
    My answer to #1 NO !
    """"""""""""""" #2 NO !
    """"""""""""""" #3 YES !

We need One Law for everyone ! and the FN Special needs laws need to go away ! jmo RJ