Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: URGENT!! NON LEAD BULLET SURVEY Get on this now! Deadline Jan 30!!!!!!!!

Re: URGENT!! NON LEAD BULLET SURVEY Get on this now! Deadline Jan 30!!!!!!!!

That's not good.
    Does BCWF come down on the side of the antis on this issue? It appears so...unless they have some clever confer measure up their sleeve... probably not. Crap. Now I feel like an idiot for starting this thread. I thought I was helping BCWF preserve our way of life, heritage, sport etc.

i am going to edit first post
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

i wouldnt feel stupid for posting at all, in fact opposite, wonder why they didnt share this news. knew it wouldnt go over to well with hunters?
    and we already changed the led rules for fishing. so kind of a waste of funds to be involved in that one. wonder what this cost to add themselves to this

Quote Originally Posted by Asco View Post
    That's not good.
    Does BCWF come down on the side of the antis on this issue? It appears so...unless they have some clever confer measure up their sleeve... probably not. Crap. Now I feel like an idiot for starting this thread. I thought I was helping BCWF preserve our way of life, heritage, sport etc.

i am going to edit first post
    Science-based decision making.

Here some on lead management.

Standards and Best Practices for Lead Management

http://www.bcwf.net/files/ImplementationManual1_1.pdf

People can write things like "lead on ranges is not a problem" - it certainly doesn't make it true.
    Last edited by GoatGuy; 02-06-2017 at 06:06 AM.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhill View Post
    This from an organization that ACTUALLY represents hunters and sport shooters:

From CSSA:

Environment Canada (EC) has commissioned a company in Vancouver called "ToxEcology – Environmental Consulting Ltd" to gather data regarding lead ammunition.

This is the second time they have launched this initiative. The intent is to gather data to be used by EC to ban the sale of all lead ammunition in Canada, despite the mountains of scientific evidence that shows lead on shooting ranges is not a problem.

THIS IS SERIOUS. Fabricated evidence against the use of lead ammunition has already resulted in the closure of shooting ranges and lead ammunition use in some regions of the world. Most harshly, it affects shotgunners and indoor ranges, despite existing safeguards that work.

Make no mistake on where this is coming from: this is being spearheaded by anti-hunting and anti-firearm groups around the globe.

And in giving ToxEcology data, you are giving them the information they will torque and spin to justify a grave attack on our community. Need some proof? How about the letter sent from ToxEcology to all "Range Managers" in Canada? Ever see a listing of Range Managers? Nope, because there is no public listing. The confidential information comes from the government through the CFOs that regulate ranges.

As stated earlier, EC began this assault a few years ago and at that time, the Harper government recognized it for what it was - a thinly veiled anti-gun attack - and shut it down.

But it's back.

This "study" can only have one purpose: to ignore the vast data amassed that prove lead on ranges is of no concern and to fabricate evidence that will be used to make shooting more difficult and far more expensive.

Most American and Canadian manufacturers and distributors have soundly rejected cooperation with ToxEcology.

Say NO to this request

Hahaha, sounds like someone has been practicing alternative facts.

"Mountains of scientific evidence."

"Existing safeguards."

Adding you to a special list.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

all the crap going on in the world and thay just got fined stupid sh.t to p..s peeps off?

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Hahaha, sounds like someone has been practicing alternative facts.

"Mountains of scientific evidence."

"Existing safeguards."

Adding you to a special list.

Wow Jesse. So you're ignoring my comments based on what a gun organization has released? Information proving that this is simply an attack on gun owners to further curtail our sport?

BCWF is promoting a harmful and factually dangerous poll - don't shoot the messenger.

LH

Done and Done, too bad I can't send in a video of ducks flying away wounded after taking a round of steel shot, I won't go as far as saying it never happened with lead but it sure did not happen that often as I'm sure some here will agree. Thanks for bringing this to light and posting.

Random question, does non-lead .22 ammo even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    Random question, does non-lead .22 ammo even exist?

Yes, Winchester and CCI make it. It retails for about $10USD/50 rounds (if you can find it). Whether people want to admit that us the goal. They have learned to never go after the whole but to cut off slices. When it us costing you almost 2.50 every time you load your old 10/22 you won't shoot as much. Busting clays will be a thingof the past. When there is no recreational plinking left then they will come after the big game. But also do not blame the BCWF for trying to have a say. It may be all we have.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!