Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Training ? How's your program? Working for you?

Re: Anyone Training ? How's your program? Working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Thanks for the reply Chopper. Looks like you and Carbonmatrix are on the same path - martial arts. I've never tried anything in that world ever. There's a jiu jitsu gym next to my climbing gym - maybe I'll grab a skinny climber and go for a tumble. I listen to Jacko and he's always using jiu jitsu as a reference for life lessons and general live philosophy, I really do think I'm missing out on something that I can't quite put my finger on. But man. There's only 24 hrs in a day.
    The reason im not doing Jiu Jitsu is because of the time of day that the classes are. Muay Thia is at 6am during the week, and 8:30am on saturday .... Its realistic. I find the Kickboxing is a better work out than Jiu Jitsu ... But Jiu Jitsu is totally fkn awesome ... I love it
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

Crossfit 3 days a week until the snow melts and then plan on starting weighted pack hikes with the weight increasing as I get closer to my sheep hunt. Going to go on a few overnight practice runs on some bighorn hills in June/ July.
    KCCO

Basic bodybuildng type training for most of my upper body to try and get some meat on my bones, and more of a powerflifting style of training for legs/back/core. Lots of hiking with unnecessary weight in the pack once the snow melts enough to allow me access.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    The reason im not doing Jiu Jitsu is because of the time of day that the classes are. Muay Thia is at 6am during the week, and 8:30am on saturday .... Its realistic. I find the Kickboxing is a better work out than Jiu Jitsu ... But Jiu Jitsu is totally fkn awesome ... I love it

Ya with Jiu jitsu once you start, its addicting like hunting. You actually want to get on the mat and roll as much as you can. When i first started, thought i was gonna have a heart attack. Now i can roll for 2+ hours with ease. Its increased my cardio a million percent.

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Bonz - you gotta quit smoking - if not for your health - than for your family. Someone told me all quitting smoking aides are now free and covered under the Health Care. Get a patch, get a drug - my one of my high school best friend's had acupuncture and it worked for him going on 25 years. Had pins inside his ears for a month. Crazy shit - but it worked.
    done them patch things. first time failed..my own doing.
    now new rules just go right to drug store and get them. no more refferal stuff. but then their always out of stock so its kind of a failure. easier, but no stick makes it useless...just wait a week or so and well have round number 2 in stock. ya well our habit dont work on their delivery system timeline...lol
    for me, if i quit. will be due to cost. but then who will pay all the taxes for others that i pay in the smokes?...lol
    and for family. im a solo guy. no family.
    im about to give them patch another try, i did feel they worked my first time. noticed huge diff within couple weeks for the breathing, your allowed once a year to get them

Im turning 39 and for the first time in my life feel the need to get into a disciplined routine to keep the conditioning up. A life of martial arts has left my body damaged and rehab is now necessary to maintain mobility. My program consists of several kickboxing workouts per week, lots of walking, and sauna/hot tub 3 times per week for a long stretch. Closer to season i will add weighted stair climbing/hiking.

I've been getting up 5 mornings a week at 430 and doing that insanity workout. Been really watching my diet and lifting weights Wednesday and Friday nights and boxing on Tuesday and Thursday nights. When the weather gets better I'll incorporate more weighted walks with the pooch. Saturday to Monday are full rest days but I've been doing some stretching in there.

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    Im turning 39 and for the first time in my life feel the need to get into a disciplined routine to keep the conditioning up. A life of martial arts has left my body damaged and rehab is now necessary to maintain mobility. My program consists of several kickboxing workouts per week, lots of walking, and sauna/hot tub 3 times per week for a long stretch. Closer to season i will add weighted stair climbing/hiking.

Were getting to that age. If your not , you have to get lean, and stay lean ... my body can no longer take the yoyo. My sports injuries also reap havok with inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonmatrix View Post
    Ya with Jiu jitsu once you start, its addicting like hunting. You actually want to get on the mat and roll as much as you can. When i first started, thought i was gonna have a heart attack. Now i can roll for 2+ hours with ease. Its increased my cardio a million percent.

Ive told you like a " Million " times not to exagerate ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Ive told you like a " Million " times not to exagerate ;D
    lol ok maybe a bit stretched!