Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inreach explorer

Re: Inreach explorer

The screen appears to be a fair bit bigger which is nice but that price point seems a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    Got one for my old man that doesn't know how to even use email. He can't run these either so I guess It's time to get him the trusty sat phone again..

I have a sat phone I would sell...pm me if interested.

I have mobility issues. I have the inReach paired with my IPhone with the Hunt Buddy App. It was new to me last year, so for the hell of it, I got the unlimited plan. I texted messages to a multitude of locations with my GPS trail updated every ten minutes.
    I used my ATV a lot, by myself, in the WK. It worked without fail. It provides this decrepit old fart the ability to get out there, with confidence. Best money I ever spent.
    I do carry an back up GPS on my person always. Just good idea. Good Luck!
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

When they mate an Inreach SE with a 64S, they'll have my attention. Until then, it's a standalone SE and 64S.

Have one and have used it quite a bit, the gps is a little painful to use so I use a different gps mapping service on my phone.

Paired with your phone sending texts is effortless and has worked every time for me so far, but the locating service is the most important function of the Inreach, it gives my wife some piece of mind when I'm in the bush alone for a few days.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Great little system when paired with iphone. I dont use a sat phone anymore, just txt with the inreach. Marking the map with iphone app is pretty neat also

I'd go SE, the Explorer's GPS functions are pretty basic.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Im using a SE. I was told to carry it by our client because I work alone. They're crazy accurate.

Can anyone tell me if you can text pictures through their texting plan?

no camera, no pics
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004