Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildlife Branch Survey's

Re: Wildlife Branch Survey's

lets not be like some group that wont help with game management numbers. i always do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordillera View Post
    The survey is the only way to track data like hunter effort (days actually spent hunting) and to compare that over long periods of time. For species like mule deer on GOS it's the only estimate of actual harvest. If there is not survey the biologists would need to bring in compulsory inspection for those species.

Fill in the survey as accurately as you can.
    I generally don't support random surveys especially from government...Why don't they just get us to fill out total hours hunting every species and all our successful tags when we go online for LEH or to get tags...make it a condition of getting a license... almost zero effort on their part to gather exponentially better data....this way they have actual comprehensive harvest data instead of a sample that may or may not capture the true hunter effort/success...I have had surveys 5 or 6 times and not once have they been for a species I hunted in that year
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 01-30-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    I generally don't support random surveys especially from government...Why don't they just get us to fill out total hours hunting every species and all our successful tags when we go online for LEH or to get tags...make it a condition of getting a license... almost zero effort on their part to gather exponentially better data....this way they have actual comprehensive harvest data instead of a sample that may or may not capture the true hunter effort/success...I have had surveys 5 or 6 times and not once have they been for a species I hunted in that year
    The minutia of data is less important than the trends of consistent data gathering, that's why.

Mandatory reporting when you're chosen in the sample? I'm all in favour of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

guest Guest

As said earlier, mandatory reporting of all harvests by all hunters on all game would HELP wildlife managers and Bio's to strengthen or herds. No report, no license next year, simple. Save money on the random mail outs for critters not even hunted, those cant even begin to paint the true picture.

PLUS, Governments making it LAW that All animals harvested by FN be reported, counted and calculated into the mix. If they the FN, are unwilling, that just goes to show you just how eager they are to look into the future for their great grandchildren.

Simple. Just do it.

isnt there already rule in place of FN suposed to report to the band on harvests? i know they dont but i think their suposed to.
    again, lack of enforcing alot of laws we already have is an issue

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    As said earlier, mandatory reporting of all harvests by all hunters on all game would HELP wildlife managers and Bio's to strengthen or herds. No report, no license next year, simple. Save money on the random mail outs for critters not even hunted, those cant even begin to paint the true picture.

PLUS, Governments making it LAW that All animals harvested by FN be reported, counted and calculated into the mix. If they the FN, are unwilling, that just goes to show you just how eager they are to look into the future for their great grandchildren.

Simple. Just do it.

Yes! Evidence based management of wildlife will ensure that this resource is sustainable.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

I really think these questionnaires can be so much more than they really are.

I strongly feel every animal should be reported when harvested. All they need to do is set it up online and give you time to complete within 10 days of harvesting. Then there is really no guess work. Just straight facts.

just filled mine out online
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    just filled mine out online
    I hope you included ballistics and load information with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    No one outside of the MFLNROD decision makers can answer this question for you.

That said, my opinion is that they will shorten seasons/decrease bag limits when Hunter effort is low and kill rates are high and allow longer seasons when the inverse is the case.

I was selected for Wolf and Upland Game Birds/Waterfowl for 2016.
    I think the opposite. Low effort-high harvest rates indicate a robust population.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever