Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easiest to use GPS??

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Unhappy Easiest to use GPS??

What's the easiest to use, user friendly, GPS put there guys?? I am going to buy one shortly, and I would like an easy to use machine, with be topo maps and good battery life. I've always been a map and compass kind of guy, but I think it's time to jump on the techno train. Thanks, moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Easiest to use GPS??

garmins seem pretty straight forward to me. all depends on how fancy and all the extras they can do. i do not like their e-trex. cheep and not much to them.

I bought a garmin etrex20 and I like it and I use it.
    It's a basic GPS,with all the functions of a GPS (compass, tracks, waypoints) and some useless chit like pictures and geocaching.
    Battery life is about 2 days on 2 AA. I don't know if that's good or not, have nothing else to compare it to.
    It's not touch screen and it could have a bit bigger screen.
    But it works for now and I can import the data into google earth
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Garmin....
    The 64 series is a good unit, if you get the S version. Add the backroads SD card and your golden. With lithium batteries, adjusting tracking settings and only running it while covering new ground, a week is easily doable. I take 1 set of backup lithium for a 2 week sheep hunt.

the one and only garmin.
    if I can use it, anybody can.
    honestly I would have to say they are the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I bought a garmin etrex20 and I like it and I use it.
    It's a basic GPS,with all the functions of a GPS (compass, tracks, waypoints) and some useless chit like pictures and geocaching.
    Battery life is about 2 days on 2 AA. I don't know if that's good or not, have nothing else to compare it to.
    It's not touch screen and it could have a bit bigger screen.
    But it works for now and I can import the data into google earth
    can you add actualy maps to yours? i coudnt do anything with the one i used. the dispalyt realy didnt give much for landscape or road data on it, i didnt try adding m own imagery to it for a map though. not sure this one could. was real basic model. cant recall model number

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    can you add actualy maps to yours? i coudnt do anything with the one i used. the dispalyt realy didnt give much for landscape or road data on it, i didnt try adding m own imagery to it for a map though. not sure this one could. was real basic model. cant recall model number
    Yes, I bought bc backroad map book (cost almost as much as the gps) and it works well.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

i would NOT recommend Magellan. Bought a 210 I think it was and it was the most user unfriendly device I have ever owned besides my TV's DVD remote.

Then the screen crapped out within six months and was not covered by warranty.

That was six years ago and I never bought another GPS. Rarely felt a need for one either, but there are a few place i hunt onthe boundary of Regions 2 and 8 where it would be extremely useful becaise of differences in season and antler restrictions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Yes, I bought bc backroad map book (cost almost as much as the gps) and it works well.
    ok, dont think i could do that on ours. probably the most basic they had. that was the downfall on those for me. but..price reflected what i get to

We have used a Garmin Montana 600/ backroads map book for several years with no problems. I didn't get the model with the camera, just a feature we figured we didn't need to learn to use. We have way to many electronic gadgets to learn / understand.