Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornady ELD-X

Hornady ELD-X

Anybody have any experience with these bullets on game. Thinking of trying these out in my 280ai. BCs are real impressive.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hornady ELD-X

I would also like to know for use in my 7-08
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I haven't shot anything with them yet but have tried the factory Hornady Precision Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor 143gr and the 178gr 30-06, both were very accurate, I bought some of the 162gr bullets to try in my 280AI

I have read some reviews from excellent to bullets going to shrapnel on game ?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Im going to pick up a box of 162 today and try them out tomorrow on some paper see how they print

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    Im going to pick up a box of 162 today and try them out tomorrow on some paper see how they print
    Once you get an accurate load lets go see how they perform on coyotes ��
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Once you get an accurate load lets go see how they perform on coyotes ��
    For sure sounds like a plan.

loaded up some 200 grain eld-x for my browning xbolt 300 winmag, still fine tuning the load, but shooting around 2950fps its grouping amazing! cant wait for spring bear! doesn't hurt to find a wolf n coyote either right now haha

I've been shooting them in my 300 rum and 7x57. 162gr are super accurate for me. The 212gr in the rum are spot on for bc right out to 1km.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    Anybody have any experience with these bullets on game. Thinking of trying these out in my 280ai. BCs are real impressive.
    Yes. I have. The mule deer was only 60 yards away and the 200 grain bullet was moving 2750fps. Complete and udder devastation. I'm not going to use that as a fair assessment though as it's not often that the target would be so close. Extremely accurate out of my 300wsm and 308 (178gr out of my 30.

Ive got a few hundred 162's and a hundred 175's to try out of my new 280 Ackley. I think if you avoid big bone on elk or moose they will work just great. Deer I wouldn't hesitate.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004