Thread: Todagin Mountain sheep hunting

Todagin Mountain sheep hunting

hey guys i have read all the forums about bow hunting stone sheep on Todagin Mountain but i am just looking for some more recent information. if anyone is willing to help that would be great! my questions are, does it still get a lot of pressure? are there still lots of legal rams there? how much of an impact did the mine have?

thanks, GS

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Todagin Mountain sheep hunting

Mine destroyed the area. Was there 2 years ago and twice before the mine opened. Counted 29 other hunters in immediate area within glassing distance, countless others out of sight I am sure. Not worth the trip in my opinion. Guides are scum too. Pushed and herded sheep down the valley with their horses, they own the area according to them. One guide stood up above me on purpose and scared a beauty away from me as I was making a stock. They killed it 2 days later. Heartbreaking what has happened up there. Largest stone sheep breading ground in the world but I guess we need a mine more.

The old advice is still good. The mine didn't change anything in my opinion. Lots of pressure still. But guys are successful every year on good sheep! You may be the one this year. Give it a go! I sure with they would open goat back up in there. Some good ones.

Go later to avoid the crowds
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

well that's two totally different pieces of info haha. it's been a dream of mine for a while i really hope the mine didn't destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    Mine destroyed the area. Was there 2 years ago and twice before the mine opened. Counted 29 other hunters in immediate area within glassing distance, countless others out of sight I am sure. Not worth the trip in my opinion. Guides are scum too. Pushed and herded sheep down the valley with their horses, they own the area according to them. One guide stood up above me on purpose and scared a beauty away from me as I was making a stock. They killed it 2 days later. Heartbreaking what has happened up there. Largest stone sheep breading ground in the world but I guess we need a mine more.
    that doesn't sound very good at all, what time of year where you there?