Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon, Electronic hunting license's?

Re: Coming soon, Electronic hunting license's?

I don't understand this saying how do I purchase my tags ??..

Will I need to carry a paper version of my resident hunting licence while hunting?
    No. Starting in spring 2017, there won’t be a paper version of your resident hunting licence or other non-species licences. However, you must carry your species licence(s) with you at all times while hunting, and must cancel the licence by notching it as soon as you harvest an animal ???????
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by .308SLAYER View Post
    Just buy your licences at a vendor instead of online problem solved

X2 I just might do this for us old farts its getting to the point that we need to go back to school ..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-27-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I got mine in the mail today along with only one hunters questionnaire what a crock the questioner is only for hunting bull elk ,,what about the others I hunted ??in 2016..
    they usualy only ask certain game. all i ever get is my leh or bears, never been asked about other species

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I don't understand this saying how do I purchase my tags ??..

Will I need to carry a paper version of my resident hunting licence while hunting?
    No. Starting in spring 2017, there won’t be a paper version of your resident hunting licence or other non-species licences. However, you must carry your species licence(s) with you at all times while hunting, and must cancel the licence by notching it as soon as you harvest an animal ???????
    means our hunter number cards are mute now. new number identity. screen shot an save to cell phones.
    you buy tags online., then they mail the physical species tag to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    means our hunter number cards are mute now. new number identity. screen shot an save to cell phones.
    you buy tags online., then they mail the physical species tag to you.

Thank you..

what i was told, the tags will be like the sky hill passes. has a tiny wire frame and paper sticky over it, similar to the ski lift passes, then attached right to the game

Alberta has an electronic system. I picked up blank tags and wires (like ski lift ticket) at the F&W office. I go on-line with my Wildlife Identification Number, WIN# is like a BC hunter number, and buy my "tag". It's actually a number I write on the blank tag. The transaction is date and time stamped at time of purchase. I kill an animal and attach the tag with the wire. Really simple and easy for officers to follow up on if needed. Don't here much negative about it from hunters or officers.

I always for sorry for the poor folks that have to sit and fill out license after license every year. I think this new system simply does away with all the redundant copying of your information on multiple forms. You still have to show proof of license to get tags and still need to show tags if checked by a CO so not much has changed.... just less writer's cramp.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Never had a cell phone, never will. Shit like this makes me mad. I hate new tech. One power outage and 99% of the population is screwed. And, yeah I`m on the computer machine right now but if it dies and never comes back I`ll be just fine. Might have to dig out the 1980`s Penthouses though.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

read the link guys, it is explained in the link! You can buy species tags on line or at service BC, or at Vendors. If you buy on line, you will need to wait for your tags to arrive in the mail, if you buy at vendors, you will get immediate possession of the species tag.

Your hunting licence will be purchased just like your LEH, or fishing licence, and they will look you up online at time of purchase and it will show if you have a licence or not.

The species tag will be exactly like it is now, just no licence on it, you will not be able to purchase species tags without it showing you have a licence on line. You will cut your tag the same as you do now.

You wont be able to buy tags unless it shows you have a licence attached to your hunter number on the computer. this is how I interpret the new system. moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"