Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon, Electronic hunting license's?

Thumbs up Re: Coming soon, Electronic hunting license's?

I too liked the booklet and all that but ultimately shall enjoy having one less piece of paper that I am mandated to carry about on my person.
    We're (BCRH) still required to pay for license, all the same old requirements for our Hunting remain in place. We can still keep our receipts if we wish. COS can still check for license.
    More purchase options aren't bad and our licenses will continue to be available for purchase at vendors so no tech is involved unless we choose to make it so. More purchase options aren't bad and I am very glad that there won't be any fee increases for the foreseeable.

It's no worries either way, all good in my estimation!
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 01-27-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Re: Coming soon, Electronic hunting license's?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    Never had a cell phone, never will. Shit like this makes me mad. I hate new tech. One power outage and 99% of the population is screwed. And, yeah I`m on the computer machine right now but if it dies and never comes back I`ll be just fine. Might have to dig out the 1980`s Penthouses though.
    you wont need a cell phone. do not need that image of the fwid, they already know, maybe just write the number down in your wallet as a back up?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    Never had a cell phone, never will. Shit like this makes me mad. I hate new tech. One power outage and 99% of the population is screwed. And, yeah I`m on the computer machine right now but if it dies and never comes back I`ll be just fine. Might have to dig out the 1980`s Penthouses though.
    If the power goes out and you have a smart phone you can still surf HBC... So much for your thought that 99% of the population is screwed
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Thumbs down Re: Coming soon, Electronic hunting license's?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    ... the tags will be like the sky hill passes. has a tiny wire frame and paper sticky over it, similar to the ski lift passes, then attached right to the game
    You were told WRONG. That is Alberta's system (along with several other western jurisdictions btw).
    BC has NO such progressive intent at this time, and it will remain as it currently is - notching paper with nada attached to the harvested animal.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

ok, co and bc gov agent was wrong then, not me. he did say it will mimik alberta closely

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    ok, co and bc gov agent was wrong then, not me. he did say it will mimik alberta closely
    I hope you were told correctly Bonz. I would love to see us move forward with a system like you described. Each species and each sex has a designated spot to attach tag, no muss now fuss. No more incorrectly cut wedges of paper, just wrap it and stick it.

21st century here we come lol
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

Sorry started another thread on this subject.Wasn't aware this was going already.I'm over 50 so me & computers are still in the "Just Friends" stage.Oh ya I still like paper!

I support the current method of tagging. Here's why -

DO NOT WANT - To have to affix a tag to a carcass as this could eliminate butchering the animal in the field (packing out evidence of species and sex with the meat/hide or whatever will be used dependent on species and requirements under the Wildlife Act) and/or gutless skinning methods.

DO WANT - These regulations to stay as is. They are one of the few things I support and enjoy concerning Hunting regulations in BC versus other jurisdictions. Good Job, these changes are excellent - More purchase options and less crap that we're required to carry afield.

Bravo, BC!

The last thing I want is the archaic tags that are attached to the animal.

Frankly, i would be happy with a piece of paper that was your license and then you get tag stickers to affix to the paper, with a spot to notch it.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by LeverActionJunkie View Post
    I hope you were told correctly Bonz. I would love to see us move forward with a system like you described. Each species and each sex has a designated spot to attach tag, no muss now fuss. No more incorrectly cut wedges of paper, just wrap it and stick it.

21st century here we come lol
    was last year when all this online stuff went live that i was told that was the plan. things may have changed since?.