Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spot and stalk spring black bear

Re: Spot and stalk spring black bear

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Early spring I'd stick close to the valley bottoms near you. Late spring I would consider high country near Boston bar....like as high as there is new green growth. Mid may it's good pretty much anywhere.
    Yup........and they are the easiest critters I find to spot and stalk, while they're munching if you take your time you can get real close..watch for cubs..

if you go in nahatlach., watch all the private property. been a bit of crime now to and cameras everywhere. i have buddies live in there, last couple has has turned into a zoo to

I work for a forestry engineering company and we do a lot of layout up Nahatlatch so I am pretty familiar with the area. Agree the rec traffic has gotten pretty strong up there, especially in the fall with the mushroom pickers. I think the saving grave is that I want to get up high. Just hoping I'm willing to hike more than the average person. I will definitely do a search for private property first, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for all the great tips so far guys!

its well marked now with signs. and the signs about the cams. was a few thefts happening. most the traffik i see now is mainly general outdoorsy people

go out past main powerline run..bit of a trip. when you hit that water pipe back over to hyway side. rd splits there. go left and keep going way in the back.
    bear, goat, grizzly, wolf all back there, tons of country to check out and less people go way back there to the lakes
    at the junction at the after pipe. if you go right. take along river side and up to the ferry back over to hyway/. or right up to lillooet, might get chased out of that sie by native though...lol, thats where the last big fie was in there

another decent area is past boston bar a bit. canion alpine. most them roads up to right hold bears/deer
    can get right over to the coq through there to

Come over to the island we are over run with Blackies. I live 3 blocks away from 7-11 in Port Alberni if it was legal. I could take limit of bears from my front porch. If you can find an area that isn`t gated you won`t have any trouble with a spot and stalk lots of good sized ones at that

Yummy, cause Island bears are so tasty and they smell lovely too....

Like pork and sushi in the same mouthful...

depends if they are near the oceans or not to for that fishy taste

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Yummy, cause Island bears are so tasty and they smell lovely too....
    I heard its the herb and mushroom diet
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

ive had fishy tasting process stuff before. no matter what i tried, it all tasted like smoked salmon. was nasty. but i think it was the butcher that did that. from peperoni to smokies. all tasted like smoking brine, and soft mushy texture..nasty stuff.