Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newer Hunter, Even Newer Forum Poster

Newer Hunter, Even Newer Forum Poster

Nerdy joke:
    What did the cheese say to herself in the mirror?
    Hallouuuuuuuumi!

Hello! My name is Arielle and I've been hunting for the last three years. I joined the forum a while ago, but I've never posted. However, I'm determined to become more involved with the community and learn all there is to know about being a responsible, ethical hunter (huntress?).

A little about me: I grew up without a lot of exposure to the outdoors and was honestly never confident enough to do anything very active. But when I was debating becoming a vegetarian three seasons ago, I was introduced to the concept of ethical hunting by a friend. They brought me into the EatWild community, I took my CORE and PAL classes, and I've been exploring BC ever since.

I'm definitely not the strongest or more experienced hunter out there, but I try hard, I'm not squeamish, and I'm more confident every time I go out. I've successfully harvested a forkie mule deer, a 2x2 blacktail, and a lot of grouse. I love hunting and I hope to do it for the rest of my life. I'm also very passionate about wild food, mushroom and plant foraging, and freediving. I hope to get more into fishing soon, too!

Thanks so much for welcoming me to the community. I look forward to sharing and learning more with you all!
    Last edited by aral; 01-26-2017 at 12:38 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Newer Hunter, Even Newer Forum Poster

Arielle:

how refreshing, nice job, well done

your generation carries with it the future hopes and dreams of our hunting heritage

if you are representative of the 'newbies', then we are in great shape

welcome

chris

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to HBC!! You'll enjoy, great guys and gals and even better content! Being a newer hunter keep in mind, there's never a stupid question!!
    -Backwoods

Welcome to HBC. Its the off season so just post rants and talk about how the libs suck till spring bear and you'll get along fine!

Welcome to Club Newb. Nice to see another member

Welcome, If you are ever out my way and need some location advice...fell free to contact me. Always happy to help new hunters
    Good luck with all the coming seasons

Welcome to HBC. Congrats on the bucks! Well done.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Thanks, everyone! And palmer, I'll be sure to reach out if I ever go out there. BTW tried to PM you but you need to clear some space out. Obviously you're a man in demand

Welcome Arielle, this is a great site with some VERY experienced hunters and even more wanna-bees like me. Most are very helpful on gear, technique, shooting etc, but be fore warned. Ask too many questions about locations and there will be times a thick skin may be necessary